Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SF Bay area meet in January 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
    But I did just pick up that copper vapor laser on ebay.
    ah... hehehe.

Craig

I'm interested. Not a lot of laser show stuff left here other than the old 2.5W RGB. I could bring a LaserScope or 2. Might be able to convince a friend to bring one of his 20W projectors we built around 8W 577nm Taipan...

Started to drag out my coherent tonight and look around for spare 4wire 6awg to make it from the power box to psu. Looks like I have to run to the city and grab another 3 phase breaker all are in use here. Will grab some extra 100amp blow type fuses for the main feed to box, as I have 50amps of 3phase load now with servers here in the warehouse. Add to that the load of the coherent and I should be near 100amps! Come January I will have reduced the load here a good 40amps. So we will have the power for two big ion lasers....Good times.

Thanks to "Vidal Wolf" for giving me a boot in the ass by wanting to bring his laser over for testing so the time line is moving right along for a larger photon exchange in January 2012, Thinking January 14-16th.

Just a bump as a reminder, I went around and put up about 8 bounce mirrors, still clearing out years of crap to make as much room as I can in the long hall.

Date: January 14-15th Oakland, CA
    Last edited by Picasso; 01-15-2012 at 10:12.

Need any help?

15 charazards

Yes could use some help putting up some scrim. But I won't be doing that till end of the month-ish also have a large speaker system here that I need to make cables for.

I have a manual mill/lathe if anyone wants to mod any parts or make up some small brackets. I am limited by the bits I have. My tooling was sold with the project I had the mill for so best to bring your own bits. Have welder and plasma cutter should you need to use.

Plasma cutter eh???? We should talk!
    Will there be three phase!!!!

This is shaping up to be a very well-outfitted LEM!

Here is a before pic, lots of this stuff is moved out now. spot the lasers win a prize. http://shup.com/~picasso/amess.jpg

Im going to go out on a limb here, I dont like advertizing other peoples space, but, hes got a great place! hes got the power, the water & more than enough room, height and length together. It looks really good.
    Will there be three phase!!!!