Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seattle Washington Laser Dome

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Oh jesus.... it never ends... lol

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Oh jesus.... it never ends...
    Sorry if the Sabre-refs seem like I'm constantly 'slipping you subliminal-messages'.. I'm not, really, I swear! In all honesty, if we had that dome, we'd prolly would-use the Sabre, w/ 3 fiber-fed remotes and perhaps even a 12-pos beam-rail sys... Say, 1/3 the 16W, into the Main projector, and the rest, into the fiber-fed remos... Would make-for quite the 'photonic maelstrom'... ...And that's what you can do when you have that much 'overhead' to play with, vs just 2-3W, in such a big-venue... But...'taint our 'house', so...

Anyhoo, sorry for the 'pr0n'... I'll try and keep it to a min..

ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

..it didn't - Laser Images, Inc. = Laserium; Laser Fantasy International (LFI...well, what's left of it..) = LaserDome.. *whispers* '... they're the 'competition'...

j
    How is there a competition have I missed something or does Laserium Have a location again? (will have to plan trip) wouldn;t they say there not in business anymore? this threads confused me to tell ya the truth
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    How is there a competition have I missed something or does Laserium Have a location again?.. wouldn;t they say there not in business anymore?
    'Competition', in the sense that, they (LFI) prolly-would take a 'burn' to people saying '...is this Laserium'? when-at the Laserdome, there... it would feel like Laserium was 'getting the credit' for LFI's werk, or something... See, 'back in the day', they were both (LFI and LII) definitely 'competitors' - they both competed for planetarium-business, and even other installs / corp-gigs, etc - 'Amicable', yes, but, definitely competitors... ...And, no - Laserium is *not* OOB - Laser Images, inc, is 'dormant', but the Legacy / Brand and Show-production, is very-much alive and well, we're just still 'hunting for a new apartment'

Honestly, if that dome did not-have LFI in it, and we found out they were 'ion-laser friendly' / looking for shows, you'd better believe we'd be knocking at their door with a Proposal... Down here, there are good-venues, they either just want too-much $ / nite, or, those that are 'reasonable', cost-wise, have less-desireable 'aspects' to the venue (..bad parking / location, etc..) So... we keep 'hunting'...

Sorry for taking this thread off the rails, Op...
    peas..
    j

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Sorry if the Sabre-refs seem like I'm constantly 'slipping you subliminal-messages'.. I'm not, really, I swear!

Would make-for quite the 'photonic maelstrom'... : ...And that's what you can do when you have that much 'overhead' to play with, vs just 2-3W,

... I'll try and keep it to a min..
    I'm teasing... I find it amusing. Kinda like "Where's Waldo?" It's... "Where's the Sabre?" lol
    (The bruises on my butt are finally starting to clear up from kicking myself...kinda.... a little.... o.k., not really...)

At one time the laser show in the Seattle Center was Laserium, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    At one time the laser show in the Seattle Center was Laserium, correct?
    Yepper-do! http://www.laserium.com/gallery/pages/500036.html (..yes, I know that's 'not the dome', just a cool Argon-shoot at the needle.. and, yes, they 'had clearance'.. They were there from about (iirc) '77 - maybe '80-81... I'll have to ask Ivan... Actually, Brian (laserist) might remember-better.. bri?

..Not sure what 'happened', either - my guess is the 'Local boys' (LFI) came-in and muscled 'em out... Like I said, they were *deffo* competitors..

Anyhoo.. I'll hafta see if we can help get the Laserdome 'brightened-up' a bit'... Even if it is an LFI-install / show... I'd still sell em a WL...

cya
    j

I'd still sell em a WL...

cya
    j
    But isn't that one slated for Bradfo69
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    ...isn't that one slated for Bradfo69
    I think that's a question fo' Bradfo...

..and besides, the Sabre, et al, will be 'slated' for whomever gets the cash to the table, first... Carpe. Ion.

ciao
    j

I would agree they need to do some serious optic cleaning in there and to be honest the stuff is very old school Not that it is a bad thing, I love really cool analog abstracts, but these days blowing out your retinas with coherent bliss is not a difficult task to accomplish. Also the fog was I don't know kind of..... well let just say it may have cleaned me out after wards of course I did have a stomach bug but...... it smelled like the really old stuff which kinda did that to people. I also think the Laserist chick (Zelda) was still working on her chops.
    The highlight of my trip to Seattle was picking up a shocker pen from the magic shop in pikes market I always wanted one of those and so far I have managed to get quite a few people to fall for it, loads of fun.