Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: First pangolin hardware and software located in a datacenter (worlds first!)

So you'll have all the unprotected frames on your server?
    Uhmm

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    So you'll have all the unprotected frames on your server?
    Uhmm
    ODD first post. Who are you?

If someone uploads ILDA content in order to give away frames, that's the purpose, so it's no big deal. However if someone uploads content in the secured format for distribution to purchasers, then it's stored in the encrypted format on the server.

I am not familiar with pangolin, so the qm decrypts then encrypts with users serial?
    Maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick here.
    I thought this was a content distribution system where people can sell their graphics etc with automated encryption with the purchases serial.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I am not familiar with pangolin, so the qm decrypts then encrypts with users serial?
    Maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick here.
    I thought this was a content distribution system where people can sell their graphics etc with automated encryption with the purchases serial.
    Hello Thomas,

I'm not going to detail about how the protection works, as that would never be a smart idea in case of a protection.

Also it might be best for a new user not to attack me right away with a question like this, especially if you dont know anything when it comes to encryption of .lds and such

Welcome to PL, one thing that wonders me is that you decided to dig up my topic to make a comment.
    Can you please introduce yourself?
    Last edited by masterpj; 12-03-2011 at 14:11.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    I'm not going to detail about how the protection works, as that would never be a smart idea in case of a protection.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_through_obscurity

http://www.wikihow.com/Not-Be-Annoying
    Also we are properly testing the system, no system is perfect.
    I have no reason to tell how the security works, that is all.
    Saying otherwise would be equal to: "Hey here's the manual on how my security works, good luck now trying to hack it"
    now THAT is stupid

Also j4cbo if you want me to include etherdream support in future coming applications.. then I have to say.. "way to go, your actually making me want to exclude all etherdream support as much as possible"
    Last edited by masterpj; 12-06-2011 at 13:35.