Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First pangolin hardware and software located in a datacenter (worlds first!)

Default First pangolin hardware and software located in a datacenter (worlds first!)

Everest Laser is the first company that has a QM.net rackmount and pangolin software located in a datacenter
    It took me 2 hours to get to the datacenter.
    I'm very proud of this and we are currently still in the severius datacenter with me and 2 friends alone (1 is my programmer) (staying here till morning). it's currently 2:21AM and the server is about to get placed.

I've taken some pictures of the installation and server.
    (video's of placement will be uploaded soon)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0619.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	28101Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0630.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	28102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0638.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	28103Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0640.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	28104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0642.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	28105

The actuall QM.net rackmount is currently not there yet,(the qm.net rackmount is currently awaiting to get restocked and will be placed in about 2 weeks or less) so we temporarly used a QM.net to test things out.
    There is already a space reserved for the QM.net rackmount.

So what people likely will be wondering: Why a QM? and especially: Why in a datacenter?
    This reason for this is partually secret, but will be revealed soon.

What I can tell it's part of a special lasershow service offered over the web and pangolin is doing some code for us (that we need in the progress), the website is being made by web programmer Jelle (Application Developer and Founder of Merenita Games).

I can also say that I will sell graphics on it and the QM serves for the LD2000 and Beyond show protection which reduce the illigal distribution which we at least are trying to minimize (because I need to earn money too) Though We will be offering in Ilda, ilda is harder to edit but the pangolin format is smaller and thus downloads smaller and takes less bandwidth.
    Secondly we have more in stock for users, were all can profit from

Best regards,

Pieter

**Edit**
    The server has now been placed and is running.
    The coding is not yet finished, so the webpage showing "under construction" is sill the only page you'll see at the moment, but that can change anytime soon
    I will announce when its ready and running
    **Edit**

We now have a video:
    Last edited by masterpj; 10-19-2011 at 13:49.

You're using a QM2000 in a datacenter to host an online Pangolin LD2000 SDK application?

We are using the QM2000 at the moment for automatic encryption service to a clients provided QM number to prevent distribution, someone that provides that number is allowed to purchase the native format.
    Or (coming soon) Linking to someones beyond.

There might be more uses coming with it, but I discuss those things in private only with Pangolin, but likely this is all its function wil be.
    The reason we automate this is because a purchaser will not have to wait for a human to do the encryption for it + it will save me time that I can spend in creation + doing performances (I dont like the fact that people have to wait)

Sounds like a good idea.

I have been thinking out this system for quite a long time
    It's pricey to make but oh god it's going to be cool when everything is working!
    We are currently having a glitching dns server at the datacenter, a bug is causing an issue but it will be fixed today

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    We are using the QM2000 at the moment for automatic encryption service to a clients provided QM number to prevent distribution, someone that provides that number is allowed to purchase the native format.
    You fail at security.

SpaceJay is offline THIS USER WAS CLUEBYFOURED

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    You fail at security.
    Don't bring your PL chat bullshit here. MasterPJ is a good guy and he is a far better person than you can ever hope to understand. He even knows the meaning of humility unlike yourself.

So unless you have something constructive to say, don't start trouble here

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJay View Post
    MasterPJ is a good guy and he is a far better person than you can ever hope to understand. He even knows the meaning of humility unlike yourself.
    You have no idea who you're talking to.

mmkay... anyway... when I got my FB3 I played with it in a Data Center about a year ago

SpaceJay is offline THIS USER WAS CLUEBYFOURED

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    You have no idea who you're talking to.
    I think I have an idea. Ever since I first was told about you and met you, you have been one huge bitch. You seem to get off on insulting people just for fun. You provide nothing desirable to a crowd of people. You know nothing of common decency and you seem to think you are some kind of god among men.

That's all I need to know about you. Whatever the rest is I don't even want to bother hearing about it.