Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will this DAC work ?

Default Will this DAC work ?

Hello, i'm a newbie to lasers but here goes my question

I've got a single color green laser, it can be dimmed, that would mean its analouge right ?

Will it work with the ishow dac? (i dont care if im gonna loose the dim effect)

// Phil

Can i connect it as TTL ? will it work ?

hmm ishow , dont even bother, its cheap for a reason
    there are better options but its going to cost
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

give him a break badger, remember our new rule? Yes it should work if it's analogue, it should work TTL. I don't personally know about ishow, though.

It will probably work with the iShow DAC. Do you already have one?

I started out with a simple PT30K scanset from chinesedepartmentstore.com, bought ishow together with the dac, with the scanset i also got the pt-itrust interconnect ilda board. This board is used to connect the ilda cable from the ishow dac and has connections for the green modulation (ttl/analog which you set in the software) and the x/y scandrivers.
    It is a good start to see what it is about and soon you will want more ;-)
    The ishow does also work with spaghetti and performs even better but since last postings have revealed that spaghetti will no longer be supported (sadly) you will have to move to a more expensive dac/software combination if you want to take it to the next level. In my opinion, if you want to start spending money on lasers you can skip the ishow/dac investment and look for better alternatives, if you are unsure and want to start budget friendly than it is up to you.

Michel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michel Rietveld @ Utrecht The Netherlands

FB3, BEYOND Ultimate, 3xFB4, apc 40

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

2x3W RGB DT30 scanner set

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    give him a break badger, remember our new rule? Yes it should work if it's analogue, it should work TTL. I don't personally know about ishow, though.
    sorry mybad it was late and i was tired
    sorry new guy
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Thanks for the help it just says in the description of ishow, that it will support TTL, nothing about analouge (which my laser is)

What options woud you recommend without being too expensive?

Pangolin QS package is the best option at the cheaper end of the market in my opinion. Its around £500 / $600 US but comes with Pangolin's Quick Show software as well which many on here use in professional shows. QS is not unlimited in capability but its easy to use and once you have the FB3 / QS combination, you can always upgrade to Pangolin Beyond at any time without buying another DAC as Beyond will run on it also, you just pay an upgrade fee for the software. Obviously QS is pretty good otherwise some wouldn't be using it professionally.

http://www.pangolin.com/QS/

At the cheaper end still there's the RIYA DAC but I'm not sure what software runs on it. LSX is very capable but I've heard quite hard to use. Bear in mind that buying a DAC alone means you need to factor in the software cost on top.

From memory, TTL controllers are low for ON, high for OFF, so you might need to invert your modulation.
    This space for rent.