Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 434950515253

Thread: New EYEMAGIC Scanners EMS7000

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonaut View Post
    This weekend at the UKLEM Jem let me have a play with his projector along with LSX.

So far I've tried CT6210s (needed tuning I think), Raytrack 35+, Dkumpula tried it on his PT30s I believe and the EMS 7000 MkII has scanned it the best.

Here's the show if you haven't seen it projected yet or are interested in the EMS7000s. I'd like to see what optimization and blanking setup would do with these babies!
    Nice work Keith it is good to see the EMS7k in use, I have always been impressed with ems. Thanks to Jem for letting you use his projector.

Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 04-07-2014 at 18:26. Reason: Them now is ems ...
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

damn Galvonaut, your abstracts are pretty demanding

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    not bad but I still want bill's. why? cuz! You need a spatial filter on those diodes real bad. nasty halo.
    Heh, me too - looking forward to seeing what they can do.

I think the noise you are seeing is a mixture of no blanking setup and a mobile phone camera over exposing like crazy - the diodes in Jem's projector are tight as anything - the red just needed a bit of tweeking to stop the stand by beam.

Adam - cheers, I'll spend a bit more time with LSX over the next year and see what I come up with. I've got some groovy ideas I want to try - some even include some mathematics

dzodzo: Yeah, they are a bit hungry - I was only scanning at 30k as the slider in LSX only goes to 30 for safety sake and I didn't realise that you can manually input uber-scan rates.

Shame I couldn't make it with some 506's for comparison
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Shame I couldn't make it with some 506's for comparison
    Hehe, it's ok, we had a moan about that, so it made up for your absence :P

Maybe we could have a galvoLEM where we get as many different sets of scanners and different amps as we can and compare them side-by-side?

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    You need a spatial filter on those diodes real bad. nasty halo.
    I think that's rear-projection through a scrim, which is where the splash is coming from. Keith?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I think that's rear-projection through a scrim, which is where the splash is coming from. Keith?

Adam
    Straight onto a pretty rough cream/white wall - so yes, a bit bright for a mobile phone trying to expose for the dark.

Interesting - the beams appear to be diverging as they come towards the camera, which is what made me think it was rear-projection.

Guess it's just a trick of the angle of the camera and the angle of the projector...

Adam

Yes, I was stood right next to the beams with quite a bit of haze in the air.

Re-watching it does look like spatial filtering needed but I'm sure I didn't see it in person - could be wrong though.