Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BEYOND code scripts

You've not dug very deep then. There's a vast difference on the creation side. There are additional features elsewhere.

I can only be vague publicly as a lot of the changes may be version 2.0, but whereas the release version 1.0 was only slightly different, since then Beyond has become something far more powerful.
    So on the one hand you're saying that Julian hasn't dug deep enough, then you go on to say that some of the depth may not be in the current version...

Which is it?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

What I said was things are changing all the time. Several things have been added and removed, and then others added. Who knows what will be in the final version. No doubt when its decided, the documentation will follow.

On the depth pov the ability to create cues is much greater in Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    You've not dug very deep then. There's a vast difference on the creation side. There are additional features elsewhere.
    It's probably fair to say I've not spent as much time as I'd like with the software. As far as cue creation is concerned though, as primarily a creator of beam shows, the additional tools are nice, but would not have clinched a purchase. I am prepared to be delightedly wrong in this regard because (a la Rumsfeld) I don't know what I don't know. Documentation and tutorials will presumably open up functionality I might otherwise have to stumble upon.

Well I've just spent a few hours with the creation tools and frankly, apart from the abstract editor and a slightly beefed-up frame editor, I am not seeing anything particularly different from QS. Can someone tell me what I am missing? It doesn't help that it's the same old Cuemania workspace as QS so I can't reverse engineer any of the new features. It's actually quite frustrating.

there is a lot of extra midi live control features not in qs that i use, i think all the cool stuff will appear when beyond 2.0 is out
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.