Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: STAND AND DELIVER!!! 2 Watts of Red….Out of the Optics Bed!!!

DTR also did a collimation lens comparrision with the ML520G71 @ 638nm. The 405 G 2 provided the least transmission loss. He did NOT test with the Mccarrot lens. Mr. Mcarrot....OK....I have seen your set up B4....looks clean and organized....but....how much for the Mount, LD holders and Collimation Lenses ???? A complete set up....less A-prisms and LD'd....ready to roll ????? And....if I remember correctly.....your lenses are NOT the M9 geometry.....so....the entire assembly need be purchased as a package....I have no issue with this.....but just wanted to clairify. I am not saying...this IS the way to go....but it is a consideration ...depending on cost. Thanx.

BEAM
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 11-03-2011 at 13:18.
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post
    DTR also did a collimation lens comparrision with the ML520G71 @ 638nm. The 405 G 2 provided the least transmission loss. He did NOT test with the Mccarrot lens. Mr. Mcarrot....OK....I have seen your set up B4....looks clean and organized....but....how much for the Mount, LD holders and Collimation Lenses ???? A complete set up....less A-prisms and LD'd....ready to roll ????? And....if I remember correctly.....your lenses are NOT the M9 geometry.....so....the entire assembly need be purchased as a package....I have no issue with this.....but just wanted to clairify. I am not saying...this IS the way to go....but it is a consideration ...depending on cost. Thanx.

BEAM
    The killer is the price of his lens/carriers @ >60€ a piece (after tax and shipping) and his mount will only work with these due to the bore holes for the lens carrier being 11mm.

Quote Originally Posted by CDBEAM View Post

BEAM
    the black tripple block cost 69,- euro, a collimator costs 49,- but I can can give you a set discount.

the lenses are M9, but the barrel is 11mm.

The big advantage of using these barrels is you can rotate the barrels so you can get the polarization spot on. And also fitting the diodes or replacing diodes in very easy because you remove the barrel out of the mount.

The lenses and barrels are the same as the quality collimator Marco sells, so if you can get a better price from Marco feel free to buy from him.

We made these blocks to make our life easy and get a reasonably affordable quality red and blue.

We currently use the blocks and collimators to make 500mW 640nm lasers with superb beam specs, and 1W blues in our RGB projectors. Its very easy to assemble and adjust.

see here for some pictures

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...hlight=rgbrick

What kind of diode is the 640?

i suppose 3x opnext 6385 ??
    "its called character briggs..."

The standard 642nm 150mW opnext diodes

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    We currently use the blocks and collimators to make 500mW 640nm lasers with superb beam specs
    So I guess that you're over-driving them just slightly to acheive 500mw at the aperture? That would be 6 diodes for 1 Watt. Not bad for a good beam. I wouldn't look forward to aligning 6 diodes, though. Although it seems easy for some people.. I guess I'm just not one of them ..

If you keep them cool they run fine on 300-320mA (280mA default)

Cool

Hey Steve-O....would you try the 405 G 2 Collimation lens with the HL6388MG and post the geometry after the prism and at Farfield. If you have a set of Lava Cylinderical optics....I really wonder what they would provide with the HL6388MG ????? Also did you not say the emitter size on the 6388 was 20 uM ??????? I am being a proponent for both the Mitsuibishi and the Optnext solutions !!!.... Perhaps a six (6) multidiode could be done using Cylinderical lenses ??????? See Pic....Yikes...yet another drawing !!!

Beam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HL6388MG Six Shooter V 3.JPG  

Last edited by CDBEAM; 11-06-2011 at 20:45.
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !