Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Attention Laserscope KTP Owners: GB Feeler for OEM Oven-controller...

Lightbulb Attention Laserscope KTP Owners: GB Feeler for OEM Oven-controller...

Hey there, all you fellow 532-monsters...

Anyone still searching for the 'ideal' replacement for the old 'OEM' Oven Industries 5C5-262 KTP-oven controller, I have negotiated a 'deal' for us-all - (...and no - the 'elsewhere-recommended' SR7-350A is *not* the ideal-replacement for the OEM-unit... the OEM-unit is!

These 'new' units will be known-as the C55-270, and will be 'functionally' and form-factor wise, identical, to the time-tested OI unit, ie:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OI 5C5-262.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	380.7 KB 
ID:	28469 ..as-found in 100-500-series Laserscopes, which was later functionally-cloned by the 700-800-series 'motherboard', thus, eliminating its' need to LS, and making the 262 an 'end-of-life' product for OI... which was too-bad, cause, as many of you 'converters' know, trying to wrangle the 'MB' into anything useful - worst of all, just for the oven-heater - is a major PITA, at-best...

However, if I can pull-together an order for 10-units (..we will be needing 5, alone...) we can get these 'resurrected' for only $97. USD each (+ actual flat-rate shipping to wherever you are..) - this is much better than the $200-250.+ that many of us paid in years-past, if/when we could even find them...

Please note that this pricing is for the controller *only* (just the 'little gold-box'), However, we (DSLI) can offer a 'full-version' of the controller-assy, w/ the 24V step-down x-frmr, V and Ω test-points, LED 'temp-range indicator' and oven-interface bus, all integrated in a nice, compact package, easily mountable on existing PEMs, inside the LS 7-800 chassis, ie:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS40_OvnCntrl_v2.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	28470Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS40_OvnCntrl_v2 inst2.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	28471..Price: Quoted upon-request (depends on how-many / how-fast, etc..)

IF, ya'll KTP-peeps wanna do-this, we wanna do this ASAP, cause OI gets busy with projects, and, at other-times, may not be able to offer a 'reasonable lead-time', as they can, right now / the next-few weeks... just 'fyi'...

So... who's in?
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Toasty.

+1
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

+1 here too
    You can ship mine and Dans together - PM'd

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

can you also supply a laserscope with it

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    can you also supply a laserscope with it
    ...Why, yes, funny you should ask... http://www.myspace.com/dsli/photos/1...%3A11673893%7D ..tho, I *think* it might be a bit of a 'pinch' for ya on the shipping to ol' Amster...

ie: P'fessor Steve - you wanna check with your Man in St Louis? I assume he, someday, might need to service one of these, and the OEM 262s are just next to near-impossible to find, outside of buying an entire 100 or 500-series, just for parts... not exactly 'efficient'...

Anyhoo, lemme know.. Will post-up 'lead-time', once I get the answer-back from OI..
    thx.
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 11-05-2011 at 12:13. Reason: list-mod..

count us in for a couple
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I'm not sure if I need this thing? I have to look and see what was doing the temp on my LS table... haven't played with it in a loooong time

Thumbs up

Hey Dood -

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I'm not sure if I need this thing? I have to look and see what was doing the temp on my LS table... haven't played with it in a loooong time
    Welp, if ya don't have / can't find one of these puppies *somewhere* in your chassis / system, Yes, you-want...

Why? Well, the hackster-approach of 'hijacking the motherboard'-method to try and reg the oven is a bugger, because you can't get that section of the MB to perform-properly, unless other-sections of the MB 'see' certain voltages / loads, when the thing is all 'properly' hooked-up... it's a bunch of logic-based checks and balances for the medical-config, which is a major PITA to try and ferret-all out / control (since, some Vs and load-values, can-vary on which rev of the MB it is, etc)...

...not saying it 'can't be done', but, as-with trying to just 'use the MB' to control a LS, it's far, far simpler - and, *safer* / more reliable, imho - to have a 'dumb', hard-wired / soldered, unsophisticatedly-keyswitched analog controller, and this KTP-oven controller perfectly follows-suit to that 'old skool' thinking...

I mean, if someone desires to have a microprocessor-based controller for these, that's fine - I'm just advocating to design / build your *own*, don't try and 'hack' the MB to do it, that's just 'lamegineering' imo...

btw, that was not a rant at you, Frank, just my usual over-punctuated / smiley'd daily ASCIIbarf...

ciao ciao..
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 11-09-2011 at 20:07. Reason: edits

no I know theres no part of the original laserscope electronics in my setup

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    no I know theres no part of the original laserscope electronics in my setup
    OIC.. Well, like I said, if you can't find one of those gold-boxes, as-shown above, *somewhere* in your rig.. ya prolly ain't gots.. And OI will only build these again in lots of 10, soo.... early Xmas wish-list? No worries either way, just lemme know, if...

ciao ciao...
    j