Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Attention Laserscope KTP Owners: GB Feeler for OEM Oven-controller...

Quote Originally Posted by Fullhouse Productions View Post
    What about the greenlight units?
    Dunno, never hacked-one, but I'd doubt it.. Greenlights have a different x-tal, different oven, different heat-specs, for-sure... but, I'm sure we could find-out from 'OI', there, what would-be 'ideal'...

PS - There are a couple of 'now-orphaned' units, still available, if anyone else needs.. Inquire within...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Has anyone actually gotten their oven controller(s) from Jon? I've got half a dozen "I'll get to it next week" messages, but nothing else to show for the $600 I sent OVER A YEAR AGO. It's been weeks since I heard from him last. I know Jon is a busy guy, but this is ridiculous.

In Jon's behalf, he was sick for a couple of weeks, now playing catch-up on business. Is that an excuse? No. *but* I owe him a few bucks and he hasn't had time to give me the address to send them to. Do I owe 600? no, a tenth of that, but still. I'd be upset over the amount for the ovens, but like i said, he's playing catch-up. A year is a bit much, quite a bit much, i still feel he has good intentions.

I didn't order an oven then, but find myself needing one now....

it'll come out in the wash, and no, i'm not licking his ass, just saying.

Default ..well, isn't this special..

^^ Thanks, Doug...

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post
    Has anyone actually gotten their oven controller(s) from Jon?
    Why don't you just ask those that did, Kevin?

Sir John L - 1 (Full) - Paid; Testing: Passed, set-to 755 Ω; Tracking: Delivery, on-site, 8/4/12
    Sir Stanwax - 1 (Cntrlr Only) - Paid; Testing: Passed, set-to 755 Ω; Tracking: LC690146541US
    Sir Dave - 2 (Cntrlr Only) - Paid; Testing: Passed, set-to 755 Ω; Tracking: LC690146555US
    Laseronics - 1 (Full) - Paid; Testing: Passed, set-to 755 Ω; Tracking: Shipped

..well, actually John L is still-waiting on his-units, since he is still recouping from his LS's being bitch-slapped by Hurricane Sandy, and those systems have not yet come my way for testing / repair.. but, he will get them..

I've got half a dozen "I'll get to it next week" messages, but nothing else to show for the $600 I sent OVER A YEAR AGO. It's been weeks since I heard from him last.
    Actually, Kevin, there have been 21 messages of communication between us since this started to go off the rails (including the one I'll reference, below..) but -
    if you're going to blacken my eye in public, please at least tell the truth:

------------------------
    Junktronix sent you $450.00 USD
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Transaction ID: 42F46020DK700413V

..I apologize for tying up your monies for so long in trying to fulfill this / my-word, so I am going to, right after I get done answering a plethora of emails - go into the shop, and pack up all the parts you actually-paid for, and refund you the 60 freaking bucks I was to make (..out of that 450. not in-addition-to - if I had charged you 'full price', you would have paid over $750. for the 3x, so.. certainly haven't 'gone to fiji on your dime', here..) for the roughly 30 hrs of hand-labor 3 of these take to build to my design-standard. I will send the box of parts / hand-machined bases you paid for in the am, at my cost, when the post-office opens. Yes, this means - and I also apologize for this - but I will not be building these out for you. There is a full-schem and wiring diag. with every 800-series manual, which I believe you should have. If not, I'll gladly send you them as a JPG, and you can design / machine your own platters / mounts. Sorry I am not willing to finish these for you, but I really can't see very well out of this black-eye right now.

I know Jon is a busy guy, but this is ridiculous.
    Kevin, I sincerely-apologize for how effed-up I have been this entire past-year, and I agree - it *is* ridiculous. Perhaps you can help me figure out how to better-manage my deliverables, while running 2 companies to maintain survival - and in my 'spare time', dealing with keeping my 16 yr old Son from cutting himself to pieces this past-year, because he was being driven to near-insanity by an extremely corrosive-environment under his silcone-life Kardashianese-mother and Alkie step-dad, and my 13 yr old from suffering much the same-fate - along-with caring for my Daughter and Wife - cause I obviously don't have a clue.

So, yes, I'll put the violin-away, and go finish packing your box... how did you put it.. "NOW"...

To the other Gents still patiently waiting on me, again - I vigorously apologize, and re-state that if your needs should become 'urgent' (upcoming show, etc..) vs them 'urgently needing to be put on a shelf, for just in-cases', please let me know, and I will endeavour to up the 20+ hrs I am working daily, nearly every single-day, and get these finished and out to you.

No, none of the above 'excuses' my failures, nor am I 'fishing for sympathy', but I post the gory-detail because - these are the facts of 'wtf is going on??!'. So, please rest-assured, a) you *will* get your units, b) they *will* be well-made to last the years, and c) I am *not* off on some beach sipping-tits on your dimes. I can also assure everyone involved I will not ask anyone to suffer a 'build GB' for these, by me, ever again.

j

...making-progress, Gents...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLS_Ovn Cntrlr_1.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	399.0 KB 
ID:	37391

...will keep sloggin-away, ASAP... thanks for hangin in there..

Also:
    Corrected USPS-tracking, below.. turns-out, they will *reject* packages w/ the 'old' Delivery-Confirmation stickers.. Oh well, you live and learn.. Corrected-info:

Junktronix 3 (KITS) - USPS Tracking: 9505500014863070000070

j

For the record, it was in fact $450, not $600. I have received a box of parts and what appears to be enough information to assemble these myself. I have not received the '60 freaking bucks' refund.

I refuse to accept any of the guilt trip you're trying to lay on me. You offered to do a group buy. I committed to 3 units to help you make the required minimum. You over-commited and weren't able to hold your end of the bargain. Simple as that. The value of my Laserscope parts has dropped by a huge amount while waiting to get the controller so I could test everything and get it sold. I suspect I'm out more $$$ than you in the end.

FWIW, I'm not angry, just disappointed. And glad this is behind us now. Watch for a fire sale on untested LaserScope parts in the near future.

Default ...jiminy cricket! >_<

OK, if ya wanna keep dragging this to the mat, let's do it in reverse:

I refuse to accept any of the guilt trip you're trying to lay on me. You offered to do a group buy. I committed to 3 units to help you make the required minimum.
    a) Wasn't intended to be a 'guilt trip', Kevin. If you feel it was, perhaps you're actually 'feeling guilt' for your 'punishment-post' (?) - why is it, exactly you felt the need to say you 'sent $600.', when you knew (and could have easily-checked before posting, if you'd 'forgotten'..) it was $450.? And that 'you'd only gotten '1/2-dozen emails', when you knew I've communicated with you a *lot* more about 'what was going on'? My 'gory explanation' was just and only-just that - To help you (hopefully) understand that you'd not been 'taken advantage of' / ripped-off, like it certainly seems you'd like to paint that you have-been.

b) You committed to 3 units of your own-choice - there was no 'coersion' or begging etc - I'd had no less than 3 others that contacted me for units, that I had to turn-down, and I might also remind you, I offered these to you at *over $300. less* than everyone else paid, for a 'one off' - practically 'free', labor-wise - so you could, in turn, 'make something' when you resold them.. Sure, you did not 'force me' to offer the 3x to you at such a low-price, but - nor was I obligated to, so.. who did who a 'favor', Kevin?

...I have received a box of parts and what appears to be enough information to assemble these myself.
    ..Again, why is it that you wanna keep slanting this more-negatively than it already-is?...

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	11 
ID:	37596Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KevPak_1.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	37597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KevPak_2.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	37598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KevPak_3.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	37599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KevPak_4.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	37600Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KevPak_5.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	37601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KevPak_Notes.JPG 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	37602Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KevPak_XFmrNote.JPG 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	37603
    ..and I've got pix of the other-pages of notes, but I think the point is clear - You didn't 'just get a box of parts', you got got a *fully* components-assembled unit, as a model, (less the final-wiring, which simply screws into the terminal-strip, so you could 'learn' for the other 2..) with explicit notes-illuminated wiring-diagrams, and tape-labeled cables - if you can't figure out what to do from what I sent (..'appears to be enough information'??) and - with the further written-offer for you to "call me with any-questions..", than perhaps you should not be working with Laserscopes? The rest - as-stated in my post - were 'ready-to-assemble' / wire "kits"... You had even previously suggested that in PM - should I post what you said, verbatim?

I have not received the '60 freaking bucks' refund.
    My apologies for the oversight - Transaction ID # 56923450UV077223B ..that's $30. labor x the 2 'un-assembled' kits, which, btw, is not a 'lot' to turn..

..this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cntrlr_RawPlate.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	37604 ..into these Click image for larger version. 

Views:	11 
ID:	37596 ..by hand.

You over-commited and weren't able to hold your - end of the bargain.
    I'm sorry - did you get the stuff, as you've stated (..and, again - as "kits", as you-suggested via PM..) or not? If not, I'd better get ahold of the USPS... As-to 'over-commited' - yeah, I think I already over-explained 'why' that happened... I've had an unprecedented *-storm in my family, affect my work-efficiency all last-year, even thru this Feb - No 'violins', just clarity, so the others out there, also waiting on me, would know this was not a case of 'bad-judgement', etc, as apparently you'd like to push this to-seem.

The value of my Laserscope parts has dropped by a huge amount while waiting to get the controller so I could test everything and get it sold.
    Ah, so the 'market-change' is also my fault? And, I thought you knew what you were doing with LS's, and that - really - certainly for *testing* an ALE / lamp / x-tal, you don't even NEED one of these to just-test a KTP-sys.. I posted that early-on.. http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...622#post212622 - as long as the thermal-differential between xtal-temp and lamp-current is not huge (ie; freezing water / cold-xtal + 35A of lamp-pump at start..), and, (though a 'pita'..) they CAN be run off the MB.. My understanding was you were wanting these to 'resell' (..why I offered at such a low-price..) - You certainly did not HAVE-TO wait on me / these to do testing...

..as I said from the outset - If someone's needs BECOME URGENT - LET ME KNOW... if you SAY 'no problem / no worries / I can wait' - THEN THAT'S WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. If you had 'sales' pending on these, then that was information I needed to know... and ya know - my phone does ring, Kevin.. PM's - even emails - are NOT the best-way to communicate.. If ya'd called me and said, "I CAN'T WAIT ANY MORE I'M GONNA LOSE A SALE", etc - then I could-have, perhaps, worked more than the 18-20 hrs a day I already work, and get one pushed-out. And 'for the record', I'M NOT 'BLAMING YOU'. I have always openly-acknowledged when I've dropped the ball / failed-people, and I'd already publicly-apologized / detailed my failures on this build-out, but ya would have gotten the *same result* making a phone call, if you felt PMs / emails were 'not working'. Do you really-feel you've 'saved everyone else' by taking this to the GB thread - again?? Well, if-so, at least everyone knows the FACTS vs slanted-recollections.

So is your thirst for my blood sufficiently slated, or do you need anything else? I'll be happy to walk you thru the assembly / wiring, on the phone, if you wish? I promise I'll even be as sweet as Mary Poppins. Otherwise, I've got other-peoples severely-behind-work to go do.
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 03-28-2013 at 15:22.