Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Laserworld" laser shows

Default "Laserworld" laser shows

I was browsing the Laserworld youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/LaserworldAG) and was honestly very impressed by some big shows, and not impressed at all by some others.

Until I realized Laserworld has "appropriated" themselves the shows made by the other companies Laserworld has recently acquired (RTi, Swisslas) !!

Exemple : this one performs very powerful and well balanced projectors : http://www.youtube.com/user/Laserwor...11/RXddo-nZm74
    Lasers are from Swisslas, 10-24W RGB...

But this one shows the "real" Laserworld projectors, with "rGB" projectors (1 x PL-2700RGB, 2 x CS-2000RGB, 2 x RS-1000RGB) : http://www.youtube.com/user/Laserwor...12/sSmXVjPNI6s

I let you judge of this but this is not very fair toward the top-notch companies they acquired... So don't let you fooled, their own line of projectors are still BS

I agree with Sebastien...
    They definitively seem to have two kind of projectors only:
    - "serious" projectors, whom costs a lot of money;
    - "crap" projectors, much more cheaper (but not so cheap, in truth...)

The saddest and worst thing is: no other else in the middle
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Well, this is actually a bit different with their recent acquisition and partnership (RTi, Swisslas).
    Before that, they had different lines from their own manufacturing, going from complete crap to not-that-much-crap (with Swisslas red/blue lasers).

Now they added top-notch projectors to their collection, from other manufacturers. And of course, they apply now their BS advertising to other manufacturer's products, selling i.e. a projector with only 2W 640nm (8.5W total) as a 12 WATTS RGB...

I find it just a shame they became the N°1 laser manufacturer in the world with crappy products and false advertising, and have now enough money to buy top-notch laser manufacturer... I can do the parallel with Fiat which owns Ferrari and other great brands (no offence Steve, if by chance you own a Fiat, that was just to make the comparison, Fiat hasn't as bad products as LW )

Because they sell to the retail/party/DJ market, where cheaper is better. By making 200mW green scanning DMX lasers for £150 and offering a year warranty, they know the person buying will be more likely to (or think) they have broken it and not bother returning.

But higher range stuff, they can afford to make them high quality and use the infrastructure they have to compete. If your £2k laser goes wrong you will want it fixed. If your £150 laser goes wrong after a year a lot of people just wouldn't bother I guess!

From personal experience, some of these higher end very expensive projectors while using good design and parts can be assembled by a complete monkey somedays making them just as unreliable.....

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    ......no offence Steve, if by chance you own a Fiat, that was just to make the comparison, Fiat hasn't as bad products as LW )
    Don't worry Sebastien!
    I am NOT Fiat owner...
    I am Ford owner.
    And you said right... Fiat crap is better than Laserworld crap!
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert View Post
    From personal experience, some of these higher end very expensive projectors while using good design and parts can be assembled by a complete monkey somedays making them just as unreliable.....
    Which brand are you speaking of? Laserworld or the others? It seems very strange to me that a 50'000€ projector from a top-notch brand (so, not LW) will be misassembled and not tested before being shipped to the customer...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Milani View Post
    Don't worry Sebastien!
    I am NOT Fiat owner...
    I am Ford owner.
    And you said right... Fiat crap is better than Laserworld crap!
    Haha, mama mia you're not driving an italian car?! Even my sister is driving a nice Alfa Mito
    (joking )

OCCUPY LASERW*RLD!!! jk...

Really, tho, it's a shame that LW acquired these Co's - RTi makes some dang brilliant-sexy projectors, and we were *seriously* considering one or more of their sys's... but, not so-much, now.. I would not *ever* want to have to rely on LW's 'service', with the in-house practices they've demoed, over and over, even to their own-
    Countrymen... Dunno, perhaps RTi and Swisslas can maintain their management / infrastructure, w/o too-much LW-meddling, since, clearly they were 'on their own game', and committed to quality over volume, etc...

Oh, well, as Queen sang, '..another one bites the (LW) dust..'... that's how that lyric, went, right??

cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

[QUOTE=sbk;212610]Which brand are you speaking of? Laserworld or the others? It seems very strange to me that a 50'000€ projector from a top-notch brand (so, not LW) will be misassembled and not tested before being shipped to the customer...

RTI, lovely piece of kit assembled with the cooling fan cables trapped between the case and chassis so they shorted outand blew the driver & main 24v 12A rails trapped between the optical bed and case causing a wiring fire.

Jon : hehe, entirely with you... I hope future buyers can rely on direct customer service without having to deal with LW!
    Damn, you where *seriously* considering buying one RTi system... After seeing the price of one Nano Rainbow 36W, I can't, even dreaming of that

Dilbert : aarg, well, the projector should have been opened (and badly closed) by one LW techs just to see how a proper projector looks like before being sent to you
    BTW this makes me thinking I'll have to take care of the 5V/63A and 12V/29A power supplies I'm installing right now in my news proj... These high currents can cause serious wiring fires too