Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TEXLEM BS&T and WTB thread 2012

Default TEXLEM BS&T and WTB thread 2012

Hak's list for TEXLEM 2012
    I have two working complete Argon single lines
    Two heads only-round type
    TWO PS Argon 240V converted fot 115V
    some 445nm a-140 diodes $40
    anything you ask me to bring from the AixiZ store no shipping or tax added.
    10 packs of blank AixiZ modules 12X30 w/ stock lens $20
    AixiZ glass ARcoated metal case full thread lenses
    various parts from Ka5io projectors
    two 628nm complete HeNes plug and play
    some odd optics
    1/3 rd RPM Lumia kits- w/ bracket, a wheel and another good efx glass runs one way only from 115vac
    EZ switchout magnet mounted for quick change ^^^
    dozens of small dc motors good for simple spiro
    motors with FS mirrors for simple liq. sky, and tunnel efx
    .5 to 1W ANALOG 445 TEC Labbies with twin fans and one year warranty $199
    150 -200mW same as above in 532nm
    80-100 mWTTL 532 labs 65$+
    30-40 mWTTL 532 labs 49$
    more to be added later
    pm me for dibbs or requests

reposted for Opcom by hak

I might as well contribute to the listing process..

List of items that can be brought for BS&T, subject to change;
    I have a 30x40 electronics lab to clean out. Mostly older type equipment and parts.
    I don't have much laser equipment-mostly ad-hoc electronics parts and gear.
    Please request list items be brought (PM good) or ask about specific kinds of things, related things.

- high current low voltage transformers and some inductors etc.
    - some high voltage transformers and inductors. "transmitting" types
    - oil filled high voltage capacitors (tested and leak free)
    - various general use power supplies, whatever is lying around
    - 1.5KW RF generators @13.56MHz for parts or mod/repair&use (tube type, uses a 3-1000Z) - were to be ham radio amps but have larger ones now.
    - huge tub of misc assorted power resistors. not inventoried, please don't ask!
    - mica RF capacitors
    - old vacuum tube junk
    - parts and assemblies
    - TS-505 military volt-ohm meters (indestructible kind)
    - maybe a tektronix scope, 100MHz
    - freq counter and rf meter to 11GHz, h/p
    - huge thyratron maybe 20" tall, 8" diameter, glass. Probably pretty when fired.
    - Anything in my lab or storage shelves that displeases me when I look upon it.
    - Anything found here: http://www.magnetosphere.net/ - but please ask about it.
    - SAIC V2-LC tactical computers (floppy, scsi, IDE, grey scale VGA, network, will run dos, w3.11 or 95, no hard drives)
    - Anything found here: http://www.montagar.com/~patj/oldanalogsales.htm - but please ask about it.
    - Anyone want a VAX or DEC Alpha? VMS rules, but UNIX will do.

I am wanting a 30-50W CO2 laser, prefer a metal/ceramic head like a synrad 48, must be operational. Air cooled a plus, rugged a plus, lighter weight a super plus. Glass tube is OK, but not as desirable. Its for a robot to handle, rather than the usual situation of stationary tube and moving optics.

Trades desired but money is green too.

adding -

I have an IR image converter rifle scope, low magnification, C-mount lens, with a little 808nm laser module. Its home made and the high voltage arcs now after a long time of sitting. I removed the cover and the arc can be seen, it just needs fixed/re-insulated, tube is like new, so is laser. Arc is external to the tube. I am not going to bother with it. If someone is handy with precision work, it would be a useful and fun project.

If anyone wants it, the excimer head from this thread.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...mer-laser-head
    I am not going to do anything with it, no time & too may projects already. N2 is a likely alternate use for it.
    Last edited by opcom; 11-17-2011 at 16:34.

FYI I just ran my argon SL at idle(do not have a controller to run more than idle @ 8mW) first run was one hour second was three hours-steady and stable. Paid 300$ plus shipping a few years ago-it has had regular maintenance runs- Ion Laser Tech./ Model 425-A Nov 1985 (but low hours) 400 mW C.W. max. the PS is a matching ILT runs off 115vac mains., This laser has two built in fans so additional cooling is not needed, I will ask $250 ay TEXLEM. Plug and Play.

I may be also bringing some other JDSU argon SL heads and power suppplies.

see you at TEXLEM( a google search shows our TEXLEM for most of the top ten hits.-woot!)

I have not seen an Argon or Ion laser in person since training at TSTC (previously TSTI). There is something about the beam from a gas laser I find really attractive. Just seems "clean" or "pure" somehow. More beautiful than a solid or liquid laser beam and I can't really explain why I have that impression. OK, well back then an Argon was not something with fans on it, it was a huge water cooled instrument. I remember helping repair the power supply on one of them. TO-3 City.

THe one I just tested has two fans on top of the head and one inside the PS

- after a three hours run the air was barely warm coming from the head- I never did find out how to run it at more than idle which although nice is only ~7/8 mWs- there is a place (round plug) on the PS to add what I think is a controller which I think will bring up ther current and output.

It comes with a key and a suitcase padded inside to carry it home for $220. OPen to trades too.
    My ML makes 147mW(NFS) and at that it puts out a lot of hot air but nice lines (its NFS btw).

I have a very nice silicon optic by Coherant that is mounted on a 1/3rd rpm motor bouncing and turning thru my Lumia-- these optics were at one time VERY expensive and IMO they make the best show of the orders possible-

I have a few left for sale at $40. I am told they are worth thier weight in gold. If any are left I will bring some to TEXLEM new in the box in perfect shape-but take care they are very fragile ant not easy(maybe impossible) to clean if they get soiled.

this thread still open but do see all the posts in the sign-up thread

bump
    38 days

haha looks like I won't have to bring the heavy metal! or should I lament no one wants that kind of stuff? No.. is really 4 different interests. But I'll bring some classic fun EE/ET gear. useful and above all cheep.

Sounds good Opcom- I just got some Lasorbs and will have a few extras for red and BR diodes for $8. Maybe some laserbugs too.
    AixiZ 3 element glass AR coated for Red and 400-450 nm full thread metal case- new batch. 6$ red and 11$ blue- price break if you want more than a few--PM before price jan 15 for large numbers. Half thread glass for 405nm also 11$

AixiZ will send with me 445nm 500-1W analog labbies-- active cooled. 199$ cash at TEXLEM Driver PS is reliable CNI .
    save on shiping on anything AxiZ has in stock. PM me to make an order for Feb 3rd hand delivery at TEXLEM;

************************34 days********************hak

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    I have a very nice silicon optic by Coherant that is mounted on a 1/3rd rpm motor bouncing and turning thru my Lumia-- these optics were at one time VERY expensive and IMO they make the best show of the orders possible-

I have a few left for sale at $40. I am told they are worth thier weight in gold. If any are left I will bring some to TEXLEM new in the box in perfect shape-but take care they are very fragile ant not easy(maybe impossible) to clean if they get soiled.
    If you have these there, I'll probably be interested in seeing/picking up one.