Thread: TEXLEM Ride Share thread. post your needs and offers for carpool here

Default TEXLEM Ride Share thread. post your needs and offers for carpool here

Several vehicles will be leaving the areas near Houston and Lake Jackson. please keep all phone numbers in PMs.
    Offers to share rides from San Antonio/DallasFW& Houston airports needed.

I am in Arlington tx and could give a ride

Quote Originally Posted by f22warzone View Post
    I am in Arlington tx and could give a ride
    GREAT! thats the spirit!
    LEMs need not be all that expensive to attend- more riding together means lower fuel cost.
    Staying at the venue dorm and eating there helps a lot. You have to eat no matter where you are.
    It helps to be flexable on leaving and returning timelines. We will soon have a map showing the locations of those both offering and seeking to share rides and costs. Greg and I will visit URBAN15 take some pics and report back on the venue. Anyone wanting to meet up with us need only need to go during Tim's Christmas Laser Show. This happens next month, maybe we could go early enough to have a meeting prior to Tim's show.
    Search URBAN 15 for dates, times and location. Someone is needed to get a good pic from Google Earth and post in the TEXLEM planning thread.
    Shirts for SELEM were expensive as they were knit button collor with a very nice monogrammed logo. However if the general feeling is a nice T with just one color will be OK the price drops a lot. Two or three colors cost a little more. WE will be looking into all the options. We may get some nice patches made that you can get sewn onto a shirt, jacket, etc of your own. Each attendee gets a shirt in his or her size and extras can be ordered for guests etc.

sorry to go off topic.

We are open to all suggestions....TY Hak

GREETZ!!

IMO Rent cars for a LEM are an unnessesary expense, and even more so at TEXLEM with its dorms and kitchen.

If we can get it down to just a few 'shuttle' runs on the first days and last, we will get everybody to and from easily.

Having said that , if possible try to get flights that do not require being at the airport very early.

Flights leaving late on Sunday should be no problem. I plan to stick around til Monday so should anyone need a lift then I can oblidge.

At least two and more likely three or more vehicles will be heading to TEXLEM from the Houston/Lake Jackson area on both on Thursday and Friday. If you can save a few dollars by using Hobby Houston Airport a ride from there on Friday may be arranged. HIA is way north of Houston and SA is due west. If you cant get to TEXLEM til Sat then San Antonio Airport would be better.

A ride from DFW airport may also be an option as we have several coming down from there.

I hope Jooopy will be driving up from El Paso. If a rent car is still wanted maybe sharing one would be a money saver.

When Tim returns from Moscow we will get more info. Greg and I plan to make a day roadtrip to see the venue in advance. Anyone from our area wanting to ride with us plz PM .

Pics of everything at URBAN 15 will get posted. There is a good chance we will go when we can also see Tim's Xmas Laser Show at URBAN 15. He is also doing a laser display in Houston at Dillard's Memorial City. Dates and times to follow.

Some lists need to be started soon on who is bringing what. Avoiding hauling unneeded items and still having all we DO need would be ideal.

My cookoff team has many good tables and chairs, so any needed beyond what is offered to us at the venue or brought by others is covered. We will need tables for the stage and out in the auditorium and for the BS&T area.

Put price tags and your name on items offered. To avoid the need to 'sit' on our items up for sale or trade some will be leaving thier items out.

If you have interest in an item- add a note to the item(s) and go find the owner to do the transaction. DO NOT just take items without clearing with the seller and do NOT leave any cash on the tables.

You can make WTB post in the BS&T TEXLEM thread. Post your list of items offered there also.

Be SURE to put your name on all ALL your gear.

Bring your own lanyard for nametag if you have one.

Please post here(in the TEXLEM sign-up thread) the name you want under your forum name and the first name(s) of your guests. Same with shirt sizes. The cost of shirts for guests will come later and they need to be paid for in advance.
    Do not count on extra shirts to be available at the venue or after.
    IMO the easiest way is :waiver signing- name tags and shirts all at the same time.

FYI- There is just too many 'things' which could be dangerous to youngsters. No minors will be permitted without advance approval. This, AFAIK, is SOP at LEMS, as is the necessity of ALL attending needing to sign a waiver and pick up name tag & shirts upon arrival. WE are counting on help from all in all areas for this, just ask what needs done, please.

hak
    ***EDIT

Sorry for the long post. ^^^ are my suggestions only-

I will have enough on my plate(pun intended) with the food and my gear... all I know about LEMs (besides liking them) I learned from Adam.

Last edited by hakzaw1; 11-16-2011 at 20:02.

if anyone is coming from Florida I would've mind hitching a ride

PaulZimm Miami--
    GreenMechanic Lakeland
    I will ask them.
    need you there

hk

BUMP

plz go to sign up thread and READ all.

38 days left

lol

Pontiacg5 is driving down from Kansas.
    departing from Ottawa (near Topeka, KC)
    Rider(s) wanted to share driving and gas.
    three possible routes include passing thru or near the following cities'
    in Kansas-Topeka. KC or Wichata
    in Okla--OKcity, Tulsa
    or in Texas- FW, Dallas, Waco, and Austin.

PM me to get more info.ASAP
    I may have room for one leaving from Haouton/LakeJackson but we are leaving VERY early Thur. and not returning any earlier than Monday nite. 4 hrs drive time-- room for lots of gear(Pick-up thruck w/ 16'camper in tow.