Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSX and ILD SÔS with Easylase - what am I doing wrong?

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Default LSX and ILD SÔS with Easylase - what am I doing wrong?

So I finally have the license files of LSX Pro and ILD SÔS which I purchased with an Easylase USB II.
    The Easylase works perfect with other applications such as Spaghetti and ZoofGames.
    But I get nothing when I tried it with LSX and ILD SÔS. I downloaded the drivers from here: http://www.jmlaser.com/products_engl..._software.html.
    There are three dll files in the zip, which should be the same according to the readme.txt provided by jmlaser. They are named Easylase.dll, jmlaser.dll and Netlase.dll. Is there a preferred file which I should use?

In ILD SÔS, I put a random .dll file in the installation folder (C:/Program files (x86)/ILD SOS 1.4). Then I start up the program. I get two warnings from the easylase .dll (all three of them), saying that it is a beta version which might not work.
    Then I load a random ilda file into ILD SÔS, click Viewer >> the ">" symbol in the right centre. I get the Live Adjustment Preview window. It says Status: not ready. Where it asks "DAC:" I get two options: "Easylase 0" and "Netlase? 0". If I select one, the program freezes and has to be closed down in Task manager.

In LSX, I get a similar problem. At first, the program crashed when I went to Edit >> Edit DAC/Controller Timeline Assignments. It would give the same warning from the easylase .dll and then crash. Somehow I fixed that.
    Now when I do that, I can assign "Easylase 0" or another DAC name (depending on which .dll of the three I used) to a timeline without crashing. But the software does not output anything.
    For example, if I go to Scanner >> Scanner Setting >> Edit global settings for active Scanner/Projector... and there click on Display test frame, I get nothing. When I try to play a demo show, I get nothing.

According to me, this is either a bug in ILD SÔS and LSX, or there is something wrong with the .dll files from jmlaser, the manufacturer of the Easylase.

Apparently drlava is busy moving and is not replying to PMs or mails at all. Has anyone encountered the same problem as me, and found a solution? What am I doing wrong? Do I need to assign the DAC in LSX on another way? Suggestions?

you need to edit the geobas.ini, and just write :

[1]
    nScanner=1
    bEnableEL=1

(it's for an easylase 1...expect that it's the same with easylase2..)

That didn't work for some reason. Now I don't see an Easylase at all in the Edit DAC/Controller Timeline Assignments window. And in ILD SÔS there is no geobas.ini.

OK, I am stupid. I had my projector turned off so the Easylase wasn't powered when I tried this. LSX works! ILD SÔS is still freezing though. Any ideas?
    Last edited by colouredmirrorball; 11-13-2011 at 10:05.

My problem with LSX has been resolved completely now, thanks to Kiyoukan and kl79. Apparently I had blue mapped to all colours, instead of all colours mapped to blue. I'm glad it was something that simple and obvious to solve.

My first impression of LSX is that it has a '90s user interface. But apart from that, it is probably a nice program.

Any suggestions for ILD SÔS?

I think I found a bug. I can't play any protected show with LSX (and 99 % of all shows are protected unfortunately).
    This is either a stupid feature of LSX or there is a bug that doesn't output the show when something is changed in the settings.

I tried to play some shows located in here:
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\Global LSX Files\Shows\Examples

Demo.rtd is a protected show and won't play. All other "shows" (more like a bunch of frames randomly put together) such as SpinScope.rtd or RingWarp.rtd work fine and do output to my scanners.
    No other show will play as they are all protected.

Is this a feature of LSX? If so then why include a whole bunch of useless shows in the installation? Or is this a bug?

did you apply the update?
    There was a glitch i think.
    as i was not able to play shows for a while.
    Also there is only a 30second demo song its not the full song.

How long ago was this fixed? I will try to update now.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    This is either a stupid feature of LSX or there is a bug that doesn't output the show when something is changed in the settings.
    Same thing here ! and when I playing live too... the image of the scanner I'm changing settings froze sometimes on the preview window.

I need to restart LSX to solve that, but sometimes I have the message "thread 1 is already running"...I need to open the task manager and close "realtime.exe"...
    I'm waiting for another update...

Indeed, I'm 99 % sure it's a bug. I get no more output after I tried to play a protected show and I have to restart it. Updating did not help.

LSX has some nice features, but the user interface is still bugging me. In my opinion things shouldn't be more complicated than draw something in PicEdit and then export to Timeline. Still haven't figured out the correct way to export from PicEdit to the timeline but I'm getting there eventually!

The doctor was kind enough to fix the problem. Apparently the .dll files from jmlaser, the manufacturer of Easylase, don't work so great. The solution was to uninstall, delete all .dll files in the LSX folder, install again and run the program. Sometimes LSX fails to assign the Easylase/Netlase to the correct timeline and then you need to quit the program and edit the geobas.ini file manually (as kl79 said in post #2).