Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 100mW 658nm laser diodes

those meredith mounts and lenses are just what we need, but the price is no good, at almost twice the cost of the diode. also, given you can get full laser modules for less than that price at roithner, I'll keep looking. thanks though.

Default red DVD laser diodes plus lens kit: $12

Hello, this is your last chance to get in on this group buy.

It is the 80-100mW laser diodes WITH a collimnating lens/mount for a total of $12.
    maximum 3 kits per.

see
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=137342 for details and PM me at that link to order.

Greetings lava! Welcome! Are these modulable? TTL or analouge? I may dodge the "hammer". :roll:
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

allthat:

These are bare diodes that he's selling. No driver included. So you'd need to buy or build a driver that supported whatever modulation you wanted.

If you were using a battery to power the diode through the current-limiting resistor that he's including, then you could just put a mosfet in series with the thing and you'd have TTL modulation. But that's a ghetto solution at best.

Sam's laser FAQ has some schematics for the Rothnier EU-38 driver, and I'm pretty sure it supports TTL modulation. Might want to check it out.

Adam

I bought a couple of these from Dr. Lava - they are in fact just the diodes, but if you build a driver like the one at http://www.die4laser.com/dvd-rec/Die4Drive.htm you'll have a great laser for real cheap! Instead of using his "fancy" parts, I just used 1/2 of an LM358 op-amp and a TIP121 transistor and so far it seems to work great. I haven't actually tried it in my RGB setup yet, but from early tests it seems like these parts can do TTL and analog modulation with no problem...

And man, those babies are bright! Dr.Lava also has the data sheet for the diodes posted in the Candlepower forums, so actually knowing the specs for your diode is a big help when building and tuning up your driver circuit.

-Andy C.

that's great!
    I can give you the red laser ,which power is 80-100mW,with power driver(3-5V input),which had the TTL and CW mode you can choice,with the collimate mirror to make it a dot light.
    the laser head sizes is about dia:20mm, length is about 50mm,with PCB inside the laser head.
    any interesting, plz contact with me. maybe a little number(just as 10 pcs) can do for you.
    Best regards!
    Bridge