Thread: Looking for Club or others to build projectors; MD, DV, & VA

Default Looking for Club or others to build projectors; MD, DV, & VA

New to, but addicted to, showlaser projectors. Have a couple of first units...from good old China. Looing to meet others to learn to build lasers. To join a club or form a new one would be good too. tks!
    F7

Welcome to PL, F7. If you are looking to buy a complete projector or parts, you should checkout ctlasers.com. If you're looking to meet up with others, we do have several laser enthusiast meetings around the country every year. There will be one in Texas in February, there should be one in Florida sometime soon (no date set yet) and we hold the big one, SELEM, once a year in Newton, NC. Had over 70 folks attend SELEM 5.

Thanks!! Thats good to know...I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for the welcome!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Welcome. You're not too far from me - about and hour and 15 or so in Wilmington, DE. We've got another DE member and there are a couple in Maryland that I can think of. In addition, X-Laser is not far from you either and is another good source for a first quality projector and is very knowledgable about US laws which you will become very familiar with on your journey. The credit card bill is another thing you'll become very familiar with but, that's a whole different story!

Without question one of the things you should strongly consider is attending a LEM (laser enthusiest meeting) and there is enough time for you to begin thinking about SELEM in North Carolina in mid August. It's grown to become the premier event to attend if you're involved in this hobby and will be a fantastic experience for you. (No offense to other LEM organizers. It's kind of like sex... there's no bad LEM, just some's better than others!) Great weekend with great people and an overwhelming amount of knowledge in one spot.

Thanks Brad...I will def try to make the SELEM; tough time...kids/vacation. If one doesnt already exist...we should think about getting together those in our area for a LEM to discuss a club or regular (maybe quarterly) meeting. Can you rally those you know in the area? I'll do a search/fresh post and see if I can drum up interested people.

Yes...X-laser in right here. I should give them a shout.

Thanks again for the reply

F7