Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: are you kidding me?

EF, you are douche bag. I am not in Jon's clique. In fact, I think he is off base a lot of times. But, clearly, you just want to push people's buttons and then say "Oh, that's just how I am. I can't help it or change it so you will have to deal with it." Well, that is BS because if it were true someone would be beating the living hell out of you on a daily basis and/or you would have not jobs or friends. So, I expect that in your normal day to day life you are a decent guy or just a pussy who is afraid to stand up for himself and has to let it out on the internet. Regardless, it does mean that you CAN conduct yourself in a cordial manner when it matters. So, why doesn't it matter here? Tell me. And also, you gave me crap via several PMs after I was banned and decided to come back here and get along with folks. Of course, you lied about it in that other forum. But, not like I care, that forum is full of idiots. Anyway, this rant has nothing to do with the situation at hand. It's just me saying that it isn't about Jon and his clique when it comes to your banning. It comes from the dick that is on your internet-face. Cheers! How life is going well for you.

ahh see, there's another one of those enemies I was talking about.. You stole from me, I confronted you.. and now you're an enemy.. BUT I stood up for what I believed in then just as now. By all means talk all the shit about me you want. I don't care what thieves think of me.

I didn't steal anything from you. I simply chose not to ever give you anything else. The licenses that I issued to you are still valid for the versions of Spaghetti that you paid much much much much less than everyone else for. You lied to get a free license. No one else has ever had that BS problem you claimed to have about your serial number randomly changing. Cheat. You aren't my enemy. If you were I would have put a bomb in Spaghetti to delete every file on your harddrive when it detected your serial number. I just think you are a shit.

Spot on Gary. Both posts.

Jon, I'm not privy to the back-room bullshit either, but if it's that smokey in there, better open the door and get *everyone* out for their own safety. There might be a fire. :S

Here's exactly what happened.

PJ shows up to IRC a lot and is wrong a lot. We are talking fundamentally wrong on so many levels it hurts to think about. 99% of the people, when corrected, analyze their methodology and provide counter points to support their initial claim or adjust their viewpoint to reflect the new data. He instead decides to get all sorts of butthurt and assume that the corrections are a personal attack. Hell, I have a form for that: http://photonlexicon.com/reportabutthurt.png He then disappears for a day or so then comes back and does the exact same shit over and over again. This is months brewing. I've corrected him on a number of occasions, as have a number of people in the chat.

The reason why this drama seems to surround one Heroic is because she really knows her shit and doesn't take any shit from anyone. My personal stance is that I would rather be right and disliked than wrong and liked. This is a viewpoint more people should adopt. If you start the argument from a losing position and refuse to listen and learn then I have zero expectations of you to rise up to the point of being civil in a conversation.

You were presented new data that is correct and disagrees with your broken data set on a fundamental level. You should take this time to learn something instead of reinforce your existing, might I reiterate, wrong data.

Note: There is nothing bad about being wrong and learning from it however there is something bad about being wrong and refusing to take a fucking clue.

After this latest incident in IRC he decides to revive a thread here where he starts talking about how he is going to do this and that... stating some bullshit about how he is going to not support x or y or z because he doesn't like j4's tone and approach. Note: It's his right to support whatever the flying-shit he wants but that finger wagging "treat me better or else" malarkey is trite.

His whole approach has been "your tone is bad and do x or else I'll take my football and go home" - Fine, but don't threaten escalation when the person who owns the field has zero patience for this 4th grade nonsense. Still want to push the issue? Fine; I'll take the field and go home.

PJ doesn't reference the data provided or stand corrected, he doesn't analyze his position and come to the conclusion that he might have to adjust his incorrect assumptions - instead he starts spamming 4chan memes here and bitching about tone while looking for a pat on the back.

16 or 60 - I don't care if the flying spaghetti monster, vishu, cthulhu *and* the mormon jesus have you on speed-dial. This is piss poor behavior and I expect better from humanity as a whole, much less from the people that call this little corner of the internet home.

And for those of you saying there was no warning: There were plenty. By all accounts I should have moved on this "issue" sooner, but I didn't because I assumed the person would, you know, learn and pick up some new data and act civil. Please reference every single time I used the cx4 in the past. I get bitched at for either breaking out the nailgun to early or to late. I'm sure I could perform some regression analysis on this oddity to determine the exact envelope of time that I have to use said device without being yelled at but I suspect it's on the order of nanoseconds. But nope, 4chan memes being spammed is perfectly fine and I should just deal and cut some slack to a person that will not adhere to the rules, spoken or otherwise because they are young and don't know any better. This just in: Once you are corrected - you now have at your immediate disposal the ability to know better. If you continue on the exact same course you are actively refusing to learn.

To borrow an internet meme: "Son, I am disappoint."

Tone has nothing to do with it. Tone doesn't matter. Tone is inconsequential. Not everyone here is going to hold your hand or make you feel good about being here. This is a universal constant that existed way before internet forums and will continue right up until the heat decay of the known universe.

That being said: I am glad that you decided to come hang out here at PL, it's a pretty cool place but don't assume that because you got yourself a shiny new hobby that you know everything and don't confuse spouting technical specifications for knowledge of a topic.

Note: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Code-of-Ethics

People, borgqueen included, decided to send me a private message that is the equivalent of demanding I solve a problem because they were personally upset by something the big-bad-internet-monster said. 5 6 7 and 8 were broken in short order. I used 4 when 4.1 was proven to be incorrect after the failure of everything from 0 through 3.2.4

About borgqueen: Why just the other day I spent a couple hours explaining what wire crimps are and how they work with great frustration to him/her/whatever in IRC - up to and including tracking down localized ebay listings for the tools required and all the while ignoring complaints that $15 shipped was too much and "are you sure these wire crimp things work?" yet you don't hear about that because borgqueen was kicked and selective memory took over and now IRC is a cesspool and I need to do something about it. Then he/she/it shows up to the thread I nuked with a freshly registered account to talk about him/her/itself in third person as if it was a new person jumping in to disagree with the position taken.

No, I am not making this up.

The other two bans in the thread were based on the fact that they were banned in the past and I let them back in under the assumption that the message was delivered and drama wasn't tolerated here. Let back in is defined as actively ignoring that they registered new accounts and watching to see if any bullshit rises to the surface. The fact that I ignored the registrations annoyed some people *and* the fact that they were banned in the first place annoyed some people. I can't win for losing here so I just do what I think is right at the time.

The sheer fact that they even bothered to take part in the thread, much less to spin up more drama, was more than enough reason for me input launch codes.

Heres what I saw: People who were and are responsible for the SNR of PL going downhill bitching about the SNR going downhill. Break out the campfire Billy - We have ourselves a circlejerk on full boil.

I have an extremely long fuse and a plethora of safeguards in place to check to see if the ignition was in error. I run this place surprisingly well given and this is one of the best forums out there with regards to content and quality *regardless* of topic. Doubt this? Go check out a gaming forum. Need further proof? Head to any of the established electronics forums where they take shit real seriously and see what happens when you start off with a bad snippet of data and then try to defend it from a position of ignorance. I can't remember the name of the board for the life of me but mixedgas knows of it and they have what I can only classify as a negative one tolerance policy. They ban on *implication* of subtext that your position is wrong because being wrong in that field means people can get killed.

I've stated this in the past and here it comes to pass: There are more users here and it is borderline impossible to make a decision that doesn't piss someone off, much less the optimal position of no one.

Furthermore the ban levied on PJ and Borgqueen is only a week long. <2% of a year 10,800 minutes, 3600 of which, on average, will be spent sleeping. After the flood of PM's and messages in IRC - not to mention the two phone calls I received about this - you would think that I, without question, ruined someones life permanently and killed their dog for good measure.

Heres the problem: IRC doesn't suck. The people that come in and don't like what they hear because it disagrees with their viewpoint are vocal about it and have selective memory. People don't like heroic because she has a style of communication that can be classified as abrasive. Yet for every kick and ban in IRC there are dozens of delightful conversations that revolve around lasers, electronics or peanut butter that pass without incident and I would venture a guess that 95% of the random people that show up to ask a question leave feeling that their question was answered, probably in way more detail than they cared to get in the first place.

Yes, I am upset and for very good reasons, only a fraction of which I have enumerated above.

Son. I *am* disappoint.

TL;DR - Llama.
    Last edited by Admin; 12-08-2011 at 15:28. Reason: EYE AM TEH GRAMMARS PRO.

I am not sure if you are saying this is how it is or you are opening things for discussion. But, the fact is that the majority of the people in the world are stupid. I find your statement that you'd rather be right and lonely than wrong with friends rather disheartening. I find your statement that we should all think that way repulsive. When I was in the military I would have given my life to protect the idiots of the world who knew no better from those of superior intelligence who wanted to opress them. And given the choice I certainly wish to go through life being an idiot surrounded by people who love me than to know it all and die alone. It is noble to stand up for friends who have shortcomings. Justifying a friends obnoxious behavior because they are smart or because they happen to get along with you is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I am not sure if you are saying this is how it is or you are opening things for discussion.
    They are not mutually exclusive.

I find your statement that we should all think that way repulsive.
    I did not say that - I stated that it's a mindset that more people should adopt. - This is a far cry from "should all"

When I was in the military I would have given my life to protect the idiots of the world who knew no better from those of superior intelligence who wanted to opress them. And given the choice I certainly wish to go through life being an idiot surrounded by people who love me than to know it all and die alone. It is noble to stand up for friends who have shortcomings. Justifying a friends obnoxious behavior because they are smart or because they happen to get along with you is lame.
    Lame.

Please note the shiny new board this thread lives in! Normally this is where I would say something along the lines of "I respectfully disagree with your position for x, y, or z reasons" but I don't feel that is in the spirit of the toxic waste dump.

Instead: ZOMG U SUCK. QUIT TALKING LIEK TERRORIST.

Edit: Dubstep is the best music.
    Last edited by Admin; 12-08-2011 at 16:25. Reason: This is my serious face: 0_o

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonGangsta View Post
    You stand in support of someone who does not deserve it, and I think you take that position because you are concerned with whether or not EVERYONE else is behaving in a "Jon-approved" manner.
    a) '...someone who does not deserve it', is your opinion, b) 'Jon-approved manner', that's hilarious, Richard! I'm just speaking my mind / feelings / opinions, just like eeeverybody else...I readily stand-corrected, when it is a matter of facts, not simply just a difference of viewpoint or opinion...And, I've even oft-changed my viewpoint on a subjective-topic, when really listening-to / analyzing input from someone else... *exactly* like I am in 'real-life', btw......As as far as all your other 'accusations', Lol, yet again - they are just so-far off from reality, I will let them rebut themselves.... Actually, I think Mr Yayas put it best... Speaking of which:

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I am not in Jon's clique. In fact, I think he is off base a lot of times.
    You are totally correct, and nothin but respect, for ya Gary... Even when we 'agree to disagree', and/or 'spar' at times, I'll still raise my glass to ya...
    ...wait.. I have a clique???

I'll never be far off..
    Great to hear! ..especially since you 'oh so conveniently' dodged my question about your show Var... Care to show down your cards, Sir? Prove me wrong - Go ahead..make my day...

..Then again, I doubt you've even remotely seen the Janitors' full set of teeth, yet... and, I've got -nothin- to do with his queja contigo... That's aaall-you, pendejo!.. Oops, sorry.. I'm being 'Spanish-cliquey', aren't I...

You can vilify me all day long because you don't like that I've confronted you in the past,
    a) You define and/or vilify yourself; I, nor my opinions of you, do not, b) No, I'm just fine with your confrontations - We 'clash' simply because c) I refuse to bow-down to you / accept everything you say / believe as-gospel, d) You can sure dish it out - but you can't take it.

Enough...
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 12-08-2011 at 17:14. Reason: sp, aeio;rhg aoksnvp;aijsfkeghs;gn;CSkldjv;mv;xhg
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I am not noticing much difference after the Cx4 was wielded...
    This space for rent.