Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 640 suggestions?

i think it's cute

lol

It's getting cuter! Had some more time to work on this quad tonight. Everything is working out pretty good. I laid it out for a 10mm cube and only have a 12.5 here. Still worked out though. I forgot how much the under over alignment is a PITA. Putting the "under knife" mirror on the 45 deg mount makes it a bit easier because the mirror can rotate and kinda "karate chop" the beam up and down. I am having a lot of fun on this build... making the case "billet" is fun and looks "cute" too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cq1.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	29331Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cq2.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	29332

Lookin good LS. Qute. Do you think that it would work with the new mitsu 500mw P73 LDs?

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Lookin good LS. Qute. Do you think that it would work with the new mitsu 500mw P73 LDs?
    Thanks. Not enough room inside for the correction optics.

Ok, oops wrong thread, I'll go over to the "grail" thread and ask you there about your setup over there .
    Oops again, I meant your modules that you're building for the G71 diode thread , damn gotta quit posting late after toddy-time ..
    Last edited by steve-o; 12-17-2011 at 14:07.

Logsquared, Those mirror mounts look interesting, never seen them anywhere else. Where can i get them?

Quote Originally Posted by DjMagnus View Post
    Logsquared, Those mirror mounts look interesting, never seen them anywhere else. Where can i get them?
    I build them in my shop. They're pretty simple. The way they work is unique (I think). Basically, they have 4 "pusher" adjuster screws around a central pivot screw. The pivot screw goes through a stainless bearing with a tapered front. The central screw is a flexure and pivot point. To use them first back off the "pusher" screws and use the pivot to adjust the Y position and rotate the base for X position until the alignment is as close as possible. Then use the pusher screws to fine adjust. They are very stable to vibration and temperature because the mirror holder rests on 4 points and the tension in the system is not real high. I could knock I few out for you. How many do you need?