Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Name of this lighting effect / lights

Absolutely, as has been said, most profile lights (scans or moving heads) will cover that sort of effect. I still get all 'gushy' about the dashed circle gobo in my Miniscan HPE's And not too expensive to own. I paid £1100 for my last 4 in flightcases.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

If any one following this thread i haveaccess to about 18 Cyberlights all working in dual road cases for about $600 per fixture case included but have to be purchased in sets 2 cybers one case $1200 ish usd

I think I might re-create this effect for laser in my final QS cue pack.

Know its been a long time coming but the lack of laser and hazer has delayed things. This time I wanted to preview everything and make adjustments before releasing as some things in the past were different to how I wanted when displayed.

Hopefully just after Christmas I release cue pack 4 (free of course) and then from then onwards I'm going to concentrate on doing things with Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Absolutely, as has been said, most profile lights (scans or moving heads) will cover that sort of effect. I still get all 'gushy' about the dashed circle gobo in my Miniscan HPE's And not too expensive to own. I paid £1100 for my last 4 in flightcases.
    I've never seen anything more breathtaking and dynamic as the 20 Golden Scan HPE's they used to use at our club years ago. Everybody seems to use movers these days; nice and all that but not as dynamic as a good MM.

Edit: Having somebody that can *really* drive at the desk is a major factor!
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

I'm with you DOC!

I had four of the first HPE's in the country back in 19"haaahhhm" at Cream when I was up in that neck of the woods.

Still love 'em today, but not many people seem to have working ones in Hire stock anymore. Unfortunately, all my customers want is the cheapest/most compact movers they can get, hence I haven't got any either...

*sigh*

Oh and NAT-TM's

They were great too, but weighed a metric S*it Tonne!
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Quote Originally Posted by WookieBoy View Post
    I'm with you DOC!

Still love 'em today, but not many people seem to have working ones in Hire stock anymore.
    http://www.richardmartinlighting.co....9/Default.aspx

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

I'm still in love with Vari lite's even after 15 years mucking around with other automated systems..

Soft spot for High end systems gear.. (memories... )

Oh, and Golden scans, all I can say is "phwarrrr" those babies can take out a 100amp breaker quicker than you can say "strike"

I went to Clay's web page, apparently the Golden scan is still made, now on version 4.

Yup.

Apparently so, but moving mirrors aren't 'fashionable' any more it seems.

The general opinion now (which I don't subscribe to BTW) is that if you don't have a handful of waggly buckets in your rig then you're yesterday's news... I can't remember the last time I actually toured a rig with scans in it rather than moving heads...

The only time I've used scans in recent years has been on a festival stage when they have 'no budget for lights' and the company I was freelancing to chucked some old HES Trakspots at it so there'd be something moving in the rig to play with

I think the HPE's on RML's website are actually living in the roof of one of BBC's studios on a semi permanent basis...
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Scans seem to be making a bit of a comeback actually. The new trackspot is looking good Cyberlight 2, etc

I'm a big fan of scans, I rarely do a gig where I need to light behind the head (use another head facing the other direction? ) and the extra dynamics on the movement are great (although a lot of the time you end up slowing them down so they 'look' like a MH.....)

Edit: Having somebody that can *really* drive at the desk is a major factor!
    Actually, having a desk that can drive the heads is also very important! The number of times I've seen people who have spent thousands on moving heads, only to be trying to wrestle with them using a simple £100 Soubndlab controller is depressing. The lights do very little and the operator is frustrated.

Better to use lots of cheaper fixtures, with a desk that can handle large groups of fixtures intuitively and in a manner that can produce impressive effects easily and with minimal fuss. FX engines and proper cue stack and playback control sort of thing
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.