Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this controller worth the trouble? re:Ebay seller response

Default Is this controller worth the trouble? re:Ebay seller response

The seller has responded to you and offered another solution to solve this issue.

Seller's message:
    "All ishow interfaces are same. You know ishow interface USD95.00 is very cheap if compare to Phoenix USD550.00 or Pangolin USD750.00. If you really need a very good software what you expected, pls return us ishow and go to buy Phoenix and Pangolin . Pls remember you return by usps and write my phone no. on waybill and ask a tracking no. from your post office, or I can not receive the product . The problem is from ishow interface not laser light, if you want to reslove your problem,pls return ishow to us and buy a Phoenix live from us,I can give you a good discount this time to make you up. Pls remember there is a proverb: you will receive what you pay . I gave you RMA # : 20110722001 , you just return . After we receive,we will refund you ishow money or you can try Phoenix live 3.2 from us you just pay the balance then if you agree."

If you're satisfied with this solution, you can let the seller know by sending a message in the Resolution Center. If you don't want to accept this offer, we encourage you to send the seller a message with solution that you'd be happy with.

You can also view the details of this case in the Resolution Center.

Unfortunately you've provided nothing but a copy/paste of your ebay comms, with no actual description of what the problem seems to be, or indeed which of the 3 interfaces mentioned are 'the controller' you are referring to.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Another question would be how much are you willing to spend. If you don't have the extra to go for Pangolin or Pheonix you might be stuck with iShow. Didn't you post something about iShow not blanking the red laser? If you can't afford to get a better controller and software I would try to get Spaghetti working on your PC with the iShow DAC as that will be your cheapest option.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

You are correct, I purchased a club system that the ISHOW was included. I need to clarify , Im sorry. What I want to know is the Phoenix Live worth the money?

If you have the $550 he is asking for Pheonix I would call Pangolin to see what they can give you a FB3 for. I don't remember the FB3 being $750... but I also didn't buy one I got a QM2000.

The Pangolin site lists the FB3 with QuickShow for $595 as their suggested price.

GO PANGOLIN, you wont be sorry! Thats on my skinn!
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Let me know if you're interested in a demo copy of LSX. It is an excellent value option, as people here would agree, and, including a controller, can cost as low as $274. It has a live interface, and additional DACs cost only the price of a DAC: $150.

The demo is free, and is offered so you can make up your own mind.

Cheers!
    Last edited by drlava; 07-27-2011 at 11:09.

Pangolin QS for ease of use and basic power if its for live control.

They also usually let you upgrade in the future to their higher graded products by paying the price difference so presuming that still stands, future upgradability is assured.

As others have said, it isn't $750 so don't buy from them!

If you're having to spend anywhere in the region of $5-600 then I'd buy a Pangolin QS/FB3 system without hesitating.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I find the FB3 total package attractive since you get a complete bundle. What I do not like is the fact that you can't buy add-on DACs without having to buy it all. I have 3 projectors but I run them from a single computer running Spaghetti. In order to have a comparable light show with FB3 I'd have to pay $1800. A lame beam show on 3 projectors is still cooler than a good show on one projector. (I'm not saying Spaghetti beam shows are lame, by the way.)

If you could buy additional FB3 DACs for $200 a pop (and even that is more than they are worth) I'd give it a thumbs up.