Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PT30 help!!!!!!

Im definitely going to try then when I get home today. Looks straight forward and great detail in that write up. It would now appear that one of my scanners is tuned faster giving me that oval shaped circle, however I am going to follow those directions exactly and dial everything down and start from scratch. Wish me luck.

if you go through the text a few times before you start and have time, space and quiet, you will not need luck
    besides, if you keep turning each pot 1 turn at a time (max), you can't screw anything up
    "its called character briggs..."

One turn at a time.... Ill try that again tonight. Last night I spent about two hours turning those pots to have the galvos completely get away from me 3 times. I managed to get it pretty close but its impossible to see the overshoots and undershoots, i think my lasers are much too bright for the test, even turning then max sliders all the way down in QS its really bright. I'm sure i got the hang of it now though, pretty sure ill make it perfect later today. One thing
    I am a bit confused about is the scan angle i am tuning for. The manual says the scanners are factory tuned to 20º@30k, the website says 25º@30k. So it seems that the angle I want to tune for is 20º. Now going by the guide it says to increase the angle in software till the circle stops getting bigger, how do we tune to this scan angle with this procedure? Am i missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupadrian View Post
    Now going by the guide it says to increase the angle in software till the circle stops getting bigger, how do we tune to this scan angle with this procedure?
    this is a point that confuses me too, so i don't use this, i just use stanwax angle guide http://www.stanwax.plus.com/lw/scananglechart.pdf to calculate the angle and projection size

but some input on the circle stopping getting bigger should be useful

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    but some input on the circle stopping getting bigger should be useful
    When you have a reasonably stable square-ish image, it is possible to establish the largest scan-angle the scanners are capable of by performing this. Basically, the circle's drawn points are actually bigger than the square, but as you speed up the rate, the galvos can't keep up and the circle gets smaller. When the circle is the same diameter and the width/height of the box, the scanners are at their optimum.

So a combination of desired rate and scan angle adjustments are what is used to achieve this, using the circle and square as your guide.

Clear?

yes, it is clear, thank you

so, in this pic i have to increase the scan size or increase the scan rate (or a bit of both)

but why does the circle not close and leaves this silly dangling end?

Increasing scan size = increasing gain.

If the circle doesn't meet then there's something else wrong. Only when the circle resembles a circles or oval can you mess with the scan angle. Only once you you have a square/circle can you mess with the other settings!

Easy 'ey!

oh well, now that i come to think about it, i have the same issue with three sets of scanners, two of which are as tuned by the factory (and they are not cheap no name ones) so, maybe it is the dac's fault...

anyway, thanks for doing this, i'll try it again a few times over the weekend, it gets easier every time

The main reason is because of the magnetic force of Y and the IC in Y

--------
    shop.spacelas.com
    SpaceLas Team
    http://www.spacelas.com
    sales@spacelas.com
    Wechat: +8613713072172
    Laser Projector & Galvo System

By the way, the pic above, comes from PT 40 scanners.
    The projection size is 1 meter at 3 meters distance (unless i am way off, this is 20 degrees)

Any idea of anything i could do to make this project a circle?