Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring back the UFO

Nice to see the lighting operator exhibiting the wringing hands and wildly chewing jaw that was typical of club techs of the era
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Any lighting unit dropping on your head ain't gonna be nice...

What I was saying is that I go to PLASA every year and it is full of moving heads and video, never really anything new on the market, it's about time someone came up with something different... Back in the day, we had Derby Lights, Harvesters, UFO's, Astrospiders, PAR Scanners and all manner of different fixtures... In this day and age, you go to a club and they are all the same lighting wise, movers and video...

London Hippodrome was legendary for its huge satellites full of mad FX...

Here is the only video I can find

There was also a place I went to in Lloret De Mar called Moef Gaga and it had a ceiling that revolved and had a different light show on each of its 4 faces... Can't find any pics of that, it's all lasers in there now, good on em...

The Pangolin Disco Scan is a very nice bit of kit and well worth the money, but it's a laser effect and not traditional lighting as such...

I would just like to see some of this old stuff come back again, like Optikinetics Strobeflowers...

Mark

Having said all that, I was in New York back in '04 went to Crobar and Avalon (ex Limelight) and both had nutter light shows that dropped in and out of the ceiling.. Crobar had a CuBR too

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I'm guessing Health and safety what with all those spiky bits mark

You wouldn't like that on your head if it broke free!

That UFO looks interesting. Wonder how long the joints lasted though?

In fairness out of recent light fittings, the Pangolin Dazzler and Discoscan are innovative. Not cheap but neither is a moving head.

http://www.pangolin.com/_Videos/WideangleWMP9.wmv

here's your UFO...