Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: A new breakout board?

I've no idea what mine is I'm afraid, although it's probably 5v as it uses a 5v supply. I'm assuming nothing however...

Here's the manual if you know any German (actually its not all that hard to figure out)

http://www.mylaserpage.de/down/Safety%202010%20V2.1.pdf
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Hmm, the relay idea I like very much, it just looks like it will be difficult to implement since there is no real standard on interlock loop voltage. Perhaps it would be best for me to add a jumper next to the relay, if a user doesn't care, they can leave it jumpered. If someone does want to utilize the feature, then they can supply the relay and choose the properly rated relay. The model is G5V-1 and it comes in 5, 12 and 24V models, exact same footprint, just solder it in, remove the jumper and away you go. I think that might work.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

flipping axis in software fails if you're running shows from a dat or spooling audio files through a sc dac.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    To be honest, its far easier just to flip the axis in the software.
    I have my 2 satelites set up as mirror pairs permanently. If I use just one, and it's the 'wrong' one, I just flip the axis in the zone or projector settings.
    But I'm happy with anything.

My biggest concern is how I implement the interlock for estop. The safety/scanfail board I'll be using simply has up to 3 interlock loops that need to be closed in order to lase. Not sure how that is going to work with passthrough on >1 projector.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

just solder it in, remove the jumper and away you go. I think that might work.
    I like that idea very much

flipping axis in software fails if you're running shows from a dat or spooling audio files through a sc dac.
    You can tell I'm new-school can't you?
    Frikkin Lasers

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

hahahah!

props to the old masters.

I like that idea very much

You can tell I'm new-school can't you?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

So, is the gnd (on the same header as the shutter) a common ground used for all the colour channels too?
    On the old board we had a + and - for each colour (but less colours obviously)
    Frikkin Lasers

So, is the gnd (on the same header as the shutter) a common ground used for all the colour channels too?
    On the old board we had a + and - for each colour (but less colours obviously)
    I'm not aware of any DAC that actually outputs differentail color signals. The QM2K is capable, but it doesn't. In fact, those lines are tied to pin 25. I'm glad you brought this up, got me thinking a bit, likely no one will use intensity though I'm not going to take it away. It also is single ended, the -i is tied to pin 25. So I will move a few things around and make 2 screw terminal positions be GND.... Ok, so I've updated the layout, unless there are other recommendations this will be the final layout, roughly.

Guys, I really appreciate all the input on this, I still need to do the routing and a whole lot of verifying before I click the order button. I figure by mid-february these will be available.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb_V3.2.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	29619

Ah, you say screw terminals... any plans to do ones with regular pin headers too like the old ones? Actually, I'm not sure which I'd rather - I just got myself set up with crimp tool and lots of header sockets thinking I'd be working with pins...
    Dunno how everyone else feels about it?
    Frikkin Lasers

DZ, be sure to count me in for one of those breakout boards! At that price it's a sweet deal

Norty, you're talking about the white 2 pin molex connectors with the red plugs? No worries, i'll add that as an option, just like on the older breakout board.