Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: UKLEM 13 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire 31-1-2th of Aug/September 2012 (Fri, Sat, Sun)

Great news Neil - Looking forward to seeing you sir!
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Excellent News Neil, see you there.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

All,

Maybe daft newbie question... What is the address of the hall in Surfleet?

Sorry to be a dumb ass

Steve

It's at the start of this thread but to save your pinkies:

Surfleet Village Hall
    Station Road
    Surfleet
    Spalding
    Lincolnshire
    PE11 4DA

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?zoom=1...=GB&qs=PE114DA
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Hey dudes,

i arrived safe and sound in Gent. Forgot to burn the Navigation CD for my indash navigation.
    So visited a friendly Hackerspace here in the city who knew me from an event in the Netherlands.
    Logged into my own machine at home, got the cd via FTP, burned it and i think it worked !

Tomorrow morning i will head for Dunkirque. Let you know how it goes!

Are there already people arriving thursday evening ?
    And if so, would you like to have dinner ?
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

@ Dimmers... Sadly can't make it Thursday evening this year

@ Neil... Looking forward to seeing you

@ Jim... No worries

@ Nige... Pack them speakers up well , did the lead ever turn up?

@ Everyone else... Insomnia sucks... see you all Friday morning
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    @ Nige... Pack them speakers up well , did the lead ever turn up?
    Yep, gonna have a play with them tonight after I get back from the Gym and as I'm loading the car; before I pack them, I'll make a video of them playing "good" music.. probably the last time that will happen. muhahahah!
    Thing that gets me most about them is they are perfectly packed already - perfect for travelling!

Mrs visited the garage the other day and saw them, forgot they were speakers and they were for you; rang me to tear strips off me for buying more laser gear and realised just as I answered the phone!

Anyway you shall be seeing them Late Friday.
    Last edited by gashead; 08-30-2012 at 01:49.

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    > bonded hsdpa link on a dirty high gain antennas.

Whats one of them?
    HSDPA = High Speed data packet access if memory serves.. It's a mobile technology - a step up from 3G I believe.. If I'd thought it through properly I could have done this; but I need changes made in my datacentre in London to serve the bond (Combining two data links into one) and it's too late in the day no.. my bad.

Also there would be a cost attached to this, I believe £10 a GB, not too popular with the crowds.. but in theory we could get 18+Mb off it.

Yet another arse, but may be ready for next Surfleet LEM / Showlem is a deal I've struck with a Satellite comms provider, can offer me up to 100Mb on a bi-directional satellite link.. it's pretty damn good too!! Even low latency apps don't suffer as much as I thought they would.. deal however is not sealed yet. this would be the ideal.

So unless Briggs lays his hands on 2Km of Fibre, we will have no 'tinternets.

Anyway - bugger that ! we aren't here to surf.. we are here to do what we do best! Talk bollox, lase, and get asked by young teenagers to buy them ciggis! what a fun packed weekend we shall have!

*excited* x2

Oh, OK nige. One day we will have LEM tinternet some easy way
    Just getting my stuff packed up and fetching the sound system later. Does anyone know if there will be a resident DJ in the house? Graham? Ady?

Got an Xbox 360 for sale if anyone is interested who is coming?

X-Box 360 Kinect special edition. 250gig HD, with Kinect sports and Kinect adventures, 1x Kinect wall bracket, 1x Kinect TV bracket, Nyko Zoom Range Reduction Lens for the Kinect
    £180

EDIT - *Excited* x3
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

[*excited* x2]^2
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -