Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM 13 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire 31-1-2th of Aug/September 2012 (Fri, Sat, Sun)

Photo's sponsored by Bose

I use an image resizer to 1024x768
    That way it dont take for ever to upload
    And they still look ok

Quote Originally Posted by Pockels;2414g55
    Chaps, I have a bumper load of photo's to stick on the thread. What are the image size constraints?

Cheers

C
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    I use an image resizer to 1024x768
    That way it dont take for ever to upload
    And they still look ok
    Cheers dude. I need to find PSP and install it again!

Good to see all the old faces and some new ones too...

Big thanks to Jim for organising, Dimmers for the ridiculous amount of tunes, Chris and Adrian for your help on the greens and everyone else for the general banter...

Here's a short video from my iPhone:

Mark

Hey dudes (and some dudettes for the first time this LEM),

I just got home an hour or 2 ago.
    Had some car trouble (again, only now with the vectra). Damn car would start @ferry in Dover. The pulled me with a tow truck to start and luckily it did.
    Luckily i had the OPcom diagnostics, so i could see the crankshaft position sensor was acting up. Will be replaced soon , already had a mail back from the garage to call them tomorrow to make an appointment. Damn, just when i thought i had it sorted with the Opel things start over and over again. Need this frickin' car saturday when i have a gig for christ sakes...

Lucky for me the car started in Dunkirque. Since i didn't want to take any risks (and keep going to and from England all week on the ferry) i drove of the ferry and made it in one long trip home without stopping (400km, in under 4 hours). Lucky for me just when i entered Belgium a car with organ donor transplant stuff came by with blue lights on so i followed that for a 60kms@ a bit faster then normal speed *cough* (Naughty me...but it went fast and i wanted to get closer to home in case the car stopped.)
    So got home safe and didn't have to refuel.

Now for the more important things in life.... THE LEM!
    Again a fantastic weekend with (for me) lots of new faces, very nice to meet all this cool people.
    Friday morning in the hall, building up. Only Jim and Chris where there early in the morning, we blinded all the windows when then all of sudden Jim's phone rang.
    It was Stanwax telling us Ady had a bit of a car problem. It kinda folded up onto a truck that swerved to his side of the road to avoid hitting another truck.
    That was a scary sight Ady assured me and i believed him. So picked his gear up and after his car got towed picked him up as well.
    Not so good start of, what turned out to be, a fantastic weekend for the rest!

Then everybody came in, also some new faces as said before: Chris (RGB's brother, Kevin (came with Diachi from Scotland), 2 steves (1 with wife and kid), Paul, Neil (new to me...or we could have met in Leicester a few years ago, but couldn't remember), mary, Flo and Thomas (from Germany but living in Milton Keynes).
    A lot of new faces, really big group of nice people.

Then ofcourse the house regulars:
    Jim: thanks for organising again, a fantastic LEM, you are topnotch dude. Thanks for letting me borrow all ya tools.
    Rob: As said before, what would us hobbyists be without you ? Your friendship, kindness, and willingness to help is second to none. Both of my GB's are giving out fantastic colors. Wouldn't have sorted it out with ya help. You're a star, friend and top supplier all in one !
    Dan: thanks for the excellent diode holders and base plates. It worked out fine and see above comment, both lasers run fine! Thanks for the jokes and fun.
    AndyCon: Oi treacle, thanks for your nicely milled baseplates (yeah i stack baseplate on baseplate, until i reach 43mm beamheight.. yeah i know).
    Sorry i cut both plates up, Milling was fine only last minute change in plan.
    Jem: thanks for letting me play "dj" when most of the people where gone / asleep (was good btw since i suck but i love the Sync buttons. Still without headphones i think in the end i got it a bit and it didn't really sound that bad as people said it was.. ok sometimes it was. Playing Cotton Eye Joe through a trance track was more to shock Kevski (which worked).
    Kevski: thanks for all the fun, was nice to sit together and try to follow the music with cool cues.
    Adrian: Man, i hope your ribs are better now from the accident, was very nice eating out with you in the curry place and loved what you did with the RTI.
    RGB Adrian: really nice meeting you again, now with your twin brother as well. Damn you look alike. At first i thought i tapped you on the shoulder. That split second i had finished tapping looked up and saw you gave me a shock. All of a sudden there was two of you!. thanks for the kind words and hope you can make it to DutchLEM.
    Chris: Thanks for coming down to the LEM after 3 years. That 3 years would probably be the best years of your life financially, since from now on it can only go down with your bankaccount ;-) But friendwise it was the best decision to come to the LEM. Really cool and hope you'll be building stuff soon!
    Nige: damn man, loved meeting you again, playing with those big gassers, and really pissed myself laughing in the kitchen. Loved the Opel/vauxhall talks, hope you enjoy opcom (it already had its use for me at least...unfortunately). Thanks for letting me try that 127.xx whisky (whiskey) (Not for wusses...loved it..)
    Loved your accent, hope to see ya soon mate !
    Carl: Loved talking to you about the laserharps, hopefully software developments picks up (beams changing color when hitting a note would be cool indeed!). Hope to see you sooN!

Kevin: how kind it was to bring Diachi and come over. Hope to see you again next time (or before that in Amsterdam maybe with Adam). Hope you enjoyed.
    Diachi: Dude! Cool you got your license to drive and was nice meeting you again! How long did it take you to get back home again ?
    Tony: Thanks for the nice evening in the curry house. Loved it, and loved to see you got your nice laser all welded up. Excellent colors. Your humor is always a pleasure.
    Hope to see you at Dutchlem too!

Chris: thanks for the help during the build up with Jim and thanks for showing me your small rgb. Loved it.

Paul: welcome to the LEM, we haven't talked much, but was nice to see a new face !

Steve (nice meeting you and hope you , your wife and son had fun) after the drive from Blackpool.

Steve (laserhobbit): man, why did you only turn up now ? Your wittyness, knowledge and fun was really cool. Thanks for joining us.

ThomasF: cool to see you, funny we could also speak in German (although my german is shit, but was fun). Maybe i will visit a laserfreak meet in the future in Germany.
    Will think about it.

Mark (Laserinsanity): good to see you again mate. Hopefully we can meet up some day soon in Amsterdam, loved the 3 5Watters. Damn, they are a piece of art (also props to Mr. Pitbull who also had a hand in this!) Excellent nice colors mate. And good to see your DVD with your excellent tutorials is now a free download. Looking forward to learn (in the scarce spare time i got...)

I hope i am not forgetting anyone, if so, i am so sorry.....

Had loads of fun, also the get together (afterparty) in the Ship Inn was nice, had some lovely food and got introduced to Wing.
    Damn, didn't know her...

Thanks Jem also for that absolutely smashing song By the rivers..... Everybody loved it (although they are afraid to admit it hahahaha).
    I will maybe make a show to it. I mean if people make shows to horses dancing around in all colors of the rainbow i can as well make a show to this song right ? ;-)

Have made some pictures with my phone, will try to upload them when i have the time.

Thanks everybody who turned up, you are all such nice people and i had so much fun being with you guys, sometimes laughing so hard i almost pissed my pants, then seriously listening to the wealth of knowledge you guys have amongst you, being it musical, electrical, optical or other IT related. Thanks, a million times!
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Well guys appologies for the QS session not running but heres the backup plan......
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...488#post241488

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I post it here for your listening pleasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUdu_Cc9LRk
    Thanks! the boys in the office (if they didn't before) *really* hate me now

Hi Guys

Thanks again everyone for the excellent weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed it, as usual and it was good to see everyone again as well as the new folk/folk I hadn't met before at previous meets.

Always good seeing new kit and new ideas!

Thanks again Jim for arranging everything.

Dimitri, the drive wasn't too bad. Left around 12:30, filled up on petrol near spalding then stopped for a little over half an hour about half way up (Scotch Corner) - Got home about 7:05. The roads were pretty empty for the most part ( minus a couple of numptys ) so I was able to keep a nice steady 75mph most of the way home.

On a side note - I left 4x 250Gb SATA drives on the for sale table - did anyone pick them up?

Cheers,

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Diachi View Post
    On a side note - I left 4x 250Gb SATA drives on the for sale table - did anyone pick them up?
    yes thanks Adam very genrous of you it was too....
    Seriously though Jim recovered them for you - see him
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Yes Adam, I have them here.
    What do you want me to do with them?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!