Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: UKLEM 13 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire 31-1-2th of Aug/September 2012 (Fri, Sat, Sun)

Chris (bro) has some sort of directional microwave antenna (i think it's something like 25watts). He has it mounted on a tripod which makes it look like some sort of weapon
    I'll get the specs from him and if it's something you think we can use i'll get him to bring it along

Quote Originally Posted by gashead View Post
    Damn, something I know about...

That link is a flat panel, CPE for wireless connectivity.. it would most likely need Line of sight...

I've done a few point to multipoint wireless links in Central London.. what you need is.. height..

Do you think we could get line of site to your house from the roof of the hall / by strapping something on the side of the building ?

Sneaky fibre run across the playing field ? :P

Other than that - I have a plan.. might involve people who want to use the net paying a max of about £10 (depending on how many people want to use it)

Only other issue I've just noticed the dates.. my wifes birthday is on the 2nd of October.. I'm guessing its way too late to modify the LEM dates.. so either I won't make it or I'll be down Friday - do Sat night and then pack up and drive back!

jim why not just apply to your local council for a road closure for two days and then we can run a cable down the road to your house. simple.

i can help fill out the paper work if you want ;-)
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Jim can you not sweet talk & ask the neighbours to the hall if any have a router & broadband internet? If they do a small cash incentive may allow us to run a cat 5 cable from their house to the hall?

offer dimmers services to them for a night, he will wait on them hand and foot
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    jim why not just apply to your local council for a road closure for two days and then we can run a cable down the road to your house. simple.

i can help fill out the paper work if you want ;-)
    Briggs is already working on 1.5k of armoured single mode fibre :P

im sure i could get a road closure in place, access only for residents. i can also supply all the relevent signage and get a diversion route setup.

jim we got it sorted ;-)
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    im sure i could get a road closure in place, access only for residents. i can also supply all the relevent signage and get a diversion route setup.

jim we got it sorted ;-)

Can you sort a crew to dig and trench ? might as well do it permanently whilst the road is closed, and I suppose whist at it get a 400amp incomer installed.

Nige... Is it worth having the water supply upgraded at the same time?, That would let us run more than one gasser at once. No point in having to dig two trenches... Just sayin'
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by RGbee View Post
    Chris (bro) has some sort of directional microwave antenna (i think it's something like 25watts). He has it mounted on a tripod which makes it look like some sort of weapon
    I'll get the specs from him and if it's something you think we can use i'll get him to bring it along
    Something like this?

http://www.satcoms.org.uk/satellite/...topic1993.html

30KM WiFi, nice!

You can even download the instructions so Con can get digging.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Something like this?

http://www.satcoms.org.uk/satellite/...topic1993.html

30KM WiFi, nice!

You can even download the instructions so Con can get digging.

You can build something similar with a couple of old Sky satellite dishes, some Biquad antennas and a couple of WiFi cards.