Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Saturday, March 31st
    Sweet! I'll be there!

By the way, later tonight I should have a new nephew in Orlando.
    That's awesome, Gary, congratulations!!!

Im going to put a soft yes on being there...
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Dang -

I'm going to put a hard "wish I could make it", but Uncle already has dibbs on my time for an event in Nashville that weekend.
    (lots of big, expensive toys, but no lasers - at least, not the kind we would expect to see at a LEM...)

Ya'll play some Pink Floyd for me, if you don't mind!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Congratulations on the new nephew, Gary!

I just got word that we will be able to get into the venue in Tavares by 4 PM on Friday the 30th if we want. So that would be pretty much like our typical FLEM schedule: Set up from 4 'till 6:30 or so, then get some food, and after that come back to the venue for some pre-FLEM laser fun that night. We've also got the venue for the whole day on Saturday (including well into the wee hours of the morning if we want).

I've already scheduled my vacation, so this WILL happen.

Adam

Congratulations on the new nephew, Gary!

I just got word that we will be able to get into the venue in Tavares by 4 PM on Friday the 30th if we want. So that would be pretty much like our typical FLEM schedule: Set up from 4 'till 6:30 or so, then get some food, and after that come back to the venue for some pre-FLEM laser fun that night. We've also got the venue for the whole day on Saturday (including well into the wee hours of the morning if we want).

I've already scheduled my vacation, so this WILL happen.

Adam
    Sounds good. I'll go ahead and start making my plans, too. Is there a prefered hotel where everyone stays?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Sounds good. I'll go ahead and start making my plans, too. Is there a prefered hotel where everyone stays?
    There is a Holiday Inn Express that is within walking distance... Here's a link to the hotel's website, and another one to Google maps showing where it is located.

The hotel is located on the far side of the dead river bridge on 441. The venue (the Triangle Boat Club meeting room) is on the other side of the bridge, and also on the other side of the road. Not much of a walk, really, but you do need to cross several lanes of traffic if you are on foot, so noone really "walks" back to the hotel... That being said, we're talking less than 300 yards between the two places.

Most people stay there at the Holiday Inn, but it's not exactly the cheapest place to stay. There are several other hotels in Leesburg to choose from, however, and all of them are within a few miles of the venue.

Adam

There is a Holiday Inn Express that is within walking distance... Here's a link to the hotel's website, and another one to Google maps showing where it is located.

The hotel is located on the far side of the dead river bridge on 441. The venue (the Triangle Boat Club meeting room) is on the other side of the bridge, and also on the other side of the road. Not much of a walk, really, but you do need to cross several lanes of traffic if you are on foot, so noone really "walks" back to the hotel... That being said, we're talking less than 300 yards between the two places.

Most people stay there at the Holiday Inn, but it's not exactly the cheapest place to stay. There are several other hotels in Leesburg to choose from, however, and all of them are within a few miles of the venue.

Adam
    Cool. Thanks. I put in my vacation so I am definitely in. I am driving down with a wife and 2 girls so I won't have much room for toys but I should be able to squeeze my RGB projector and some essentials in the car. Looking forward to it.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Veerryyy slight outside chance I could do this.... hummm. If my Saturday wedding cancels and, that rumour ends up becoming true... I might be able to do a whirlwind trip. I'm not flying with a projector again, at least not yet. Maybe the new Kvant as a carry on would be o.k.

Sweet!!!! I'm there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Sweet!!!! I'm there too.
    Are you going to drive back and forth from/to Orlando or stay in Tavares?