Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: FLEM

We missed you Marc; how did everything go when you got back home?

Sorry for the late reply to this, been quite busy since FLEM. Man, what a great event, I know we didn't run as many shows as we usually do but it was just as much fun to sit around and talk shop. I'm really looking forward to SELEM this year, which is in 4 months! Thanks again, you guys rock!

Hello Mr. Buffo,

Would you care to inform us who provided the set of EMS-7000 ? Was it with the smaller or with the bigger mirrors ? Mr. Benner said that they came factory adjusted at 45K. No EMS-7000 has ever left our office tuned at 45K. They all leave our test room tuned exactly to what's advertised. The only thing we can think of is that this was a faulty set. We kindly ask the owner to send it to us for service and we will send in return a new set.

If you think about it for a moment, then it becomes clear enough : The very first thing each and every customer does with our EMS-7000 (including very big and respected companies like HB-Laser, Laser Animation Sollinger, RGB Lasersystems, LPS-Laser etc... ), after unpacking the scanners , is to test them...Would we continue advertising them as 60K, if our customers had come back to us complaining that this is a 45K scanner...?

We have to admit though that this negative advertising has done more good than bad ! The interest has doubled !!!

Best regards,

Tom Kamaras
    EyeMagic

Quote Originally Posted by EyeMagic View Post
    Hello Mr. Buffo,

Would you care to inform us who provided the set of EMS-7000 ? Was it with the smaller or with the bigger mirrors ? Mr. Benner said that they came factory adjusted at 45K. No EMS-7000 has ever left our office tuned at 45K. They all leave our test room tuned exactly to what's advertised. The only thing we can think of is that this was a faulty set. We kindly ask the owner to send it to us for service and we will send in return a new set.

If you think about it for a moment, then it becomes clear enough : The very first thing each and every customer does with our EMS-7000 (including very big and respected companies like HB-Laser, Laser Animation Sollinger, RGB Lasersystems, LPS-Laser etc... ), after unpacking the scanners , is to test them...Would we continue advertising them as 60K, if our customers had come back to us complaining that this is a 45K scanner...?

We have to admit though that this negative advertising has done more good than bad ! The interest has doubled !!!

Best regards,

Tom Kamaras
    EyeMagic
    I wasn't paying a lot of attention but it was understanding that Bill Banner brough them.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I wasn't paying a lot of attention but it was understanding that Bill Banner brough them.

Thank you Mr. Yayas.

Best regards,

Tom Kamaras
    EyeMagic

Hello Mr. Buffo,

Best regards,

Tom Kamaras
    EyeMagic
    Well my EMS-4000's with the "6.5mm mirrors" can't display the ILDA test pattern very well @ 30kpps unless I make the scan angle really tiny...

but then again I can project all my shows (none of which have the ILDA test pattern in them) really big @ 30k all day long without issue, so one has to question the "real world" usefulness of the ILDA test pattern... at least its usefullness to me personally I guess...

I was pretty impressed at those ScanPro 50's though... but alas my gigantic red beams leave me stuck with very few options

I think the more people making scanners the better, means more innovation, cost competitiveness etc, which is good for all of us

Would you care to inform us who provided the set of EMS-7000?
    Sure. Bill brought them with him. Also, Flecom had a set of the EMS-4000's in his projector, so we tested those as well.
    Was it with the smaller or with the bigger mirrors?
    They appeared to be the smaller mirrors, since they looked to be the same size as most of the other scanners we tested. Only Flecom's scanners had the large mirrors. (Which makes sense, considering the large red beam his projector produces.)
    Mr. Benner said that they came factory adjusted at 45K. No EMS-7000 has ever left our office tuned at 45K.
    I believe this is a misunderstanding of terms. Bill showed us that at 60K the scanners were just about useless. The pattern looked terrible. He then reduced the scan speed until the ILDA test pattern started to look normal, and that point was around 45K.
    Would we continue advertising them as 60K, if our customers had come back to us complaining that this is a 45K scanner...?
    My scan-pro 50 scanners are supposed to be 50K scanners and are advertized as such. I can tell you that when displaying the ILDA test pattern, the best they can manage is 6.5 degrees. Thus, they are not true 50K scanners. If they could make 8 degrees optical, then they would be. We had the same problem with the EMS-7000 scanners at FLEM. They would not properly scan the ILDA test pattern at 60K and 8 degrees scan angle.

The key is that few people run their shows at 60K. Most people re-tune for 30K, because they can get a wider scan angle that way. I get around 18 degrees at 30K with my scan-pro 50's when displaying the ILDA test pattern. Most cheap chinese scanners will give you at least 10-12 degrees. But the EMS-7000's we tested were pretty terrible. (Second from the last in the long list of scanners we tested when checking for maximum scan angle at 30K while running the test pattern.) And this was after we re-tuned them specifically for 30K operation.

I suppose it's possible that these were defective. But Bill said he had another set at the shop that performed similar to this set. Also, we verified that the EMS-4000 scanners that Flecom had did not live up to their advertized performance either. So it seems there is a pattern here.

I notice that you haven't posted any test results of your own. Sure, you claim that all your customers are happy, but how many of them have actually tested the scanners in a controlled environment and posted the results for all to see?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    The key is that few people run their shows at 60K. Most people re-tune for 30K
    I wish I could get a set of high speed scanners to run them at high speed (ex 60kpps), then maybe LazyMAME would be more useful