Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Kryo Man - WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by kiyoukan View Post
    i take no offense or hard feeling to what you said.
    But when i first saw those blue beams i thought shit he is waving around 1W 445nm lasers like a idiot.
    Then reading they they were "MAYBE" 100mw i was kinda like okay i might not shove my car up his ass if i met him maybe just a foot.
    The basic rules of lasers, dont point at living things. How hard is it for people to just not do that.
    Laser shows still look amazing without it.
    Sure i would love to crowd scan but the risk that goes with it is just to much for me to ever do.
    I would bet that eventually, once people are aware of the risks with this show, a few will put 2 and 2 together and realize their eye problems have been caused by these "shows". When the Lawyers get rolling on this one, someone is going to loose more than their house!

Lets face it, how could people not be injured by what we have seen in those videos? Hopefully the FDA will think the same.
    This space for rent.

@ Dr Steel.. ..Lol, yeah, I think Norty's right.. I do need counceling...

@ kiyo.. Cool, Mang... Just wanted to use your post as a 'spring', not kick ya in the pelotas..

peace, out..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

how could people not be injured by what we have seen in those videos?
    Well, to apply some science...

MPE = 10% of the dose that has 50% chance of causing damage.

So the dose that has 50% chance of causing damage (under worst case conditions, so direct hit, full frontal to the eye I'd say...) is 10 times MPE.
    Now, add in a large beam diameter, and potentially divergent beam, and at 100mW, it is reasonably easy to see how it might not...

Not wishing to play down the issue, but being over MPE doesn't necessarily equal instant eye damage.
    That said, if its a well focussed beam, at 1000mW, then it could be an entirely different story...
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

The Tommorrowland Incident according to ILDA was with a laser pointer of 200mw plus: http://www.laserist.org/2009-07_Belgian-incident.htm

I think its important to stress how much more dangerous an unmodulated laser - I believe laser pointers are unmodulated - is compared to a projector. I found that recently myself albeit crudely - 2.8W modulated didn't burn card from 30 feet even with a static beam (although the light was warm to touch - you wouldn't want that in your eye). However the same 2.8W static beam that was unmodulated, set wood on fire within a second! This doesn't mean projectors are safe because they're modulated, there are still dangers, just that unmodulated sources appear to be many magnitudes more dangerous at any given power.

However Norty is right about divergence, that's going to play a big part. I'm sure its been said before that a small increase in divergence increases laser safety by much more than a small decrease in power. Hence the trend towards safety lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    He is performing with Tiesto in this video. Surely Tiesto's management would be on to safety?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUL2D...eature=related

Are you sure his lasers are as powerful as you think?
    Maybe he's using those special 'patented' lasers which are claimed to be perfectly audience-safe for those Romanian dancers.

Also, he's using what looks like portable CO2 jets blasting LOTS of liquid CO2 into the audience. That's a serious asphyxiation hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    Also, he's using what looks like portable CO2 jets blasting LOTS of liquid CO2 into the audience. That's a serious asphyxiation hazard.
    I've seen places doing more:

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I've seen places doing more:
    I think that most proper club CO2 systems have air quality monitors and cannot be triggered without sufficient oxygen present... The Megatron machine definitely does...

Back to the subject in hand, here is some food for thought... A *very* experienced friend of mine sent me these pics and asked me to use them exactly for this purpose... He took a hit aligning a 200mw laser and here is what happened:

Healthy retina:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	256892_1951337577310_1058739808_32242188_8319001_o.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	30241

One day after exposure:

Name:	244047_1951337657312_1058739808_32242189_6867811_o.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	30242

2 years after exposure:

Name:	242138_1951337457307_1058739808_32242187_2246497_o.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	275.2 KB 
ID:	30243

3 years after exposure:

Name:	243447_1951337857317_1058739808_32242190_7288933_o.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	654.1 KB 
ID:	30244

Scary Stuff !!!!

He can still see out of the damaged eye, but has no depth of vision in it... Just goes to show, milliwatts does not equal safe, especially at short range...

Mark

after i commented on his fb wall, guy has forbidden comments as i used the combination of words "dangerous" and possibly "illegal" activity, what a retard

Quote Originally Posted by dzodzo View Post
    after i commented on his fb wall, guy has forbidden comments as i used the combination of words "dangerous" and possibly "illegal" activity, what a retard

He blocked you as a 'fan' from seeing his wall. I'm looking at his page right now and it is open to the public's comments, just can't be market as "spam" or "blocked" by the admin. He clearly knows what he is doing is illegal which makes this guy an even bigger idiot as he is screening concerned comments off his wall so the general public has no idea what he is doing is possibly dangerous to the audience.
    Corporate Member ILDA

i have had a similar problem in Taiwan; post here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ous-and-stupid

i was on their case a bit but just a bunch of excuses is all i got, so...

recently in taiwan a group of fire dancers burnt a club down resulting in a number of deaths, the media here was in a frenzy so now im compiling a short video outlining the dangers of laser pointers and this "ts fire groups" actions, with links to their site.

im gonna point out the eye and fire risk from laser pointers include some of their own video and a few pictures of balloon popping and eye damage scans plus shit going on fire from laser beams, and dare the news agencys to ask an eye surgeon the facts etc... then i intend to upload and send to one of the vicious media outlets here...

just the mention of fire risk will throw them into a frenzy after last year's horrible incident... taiwanese media love a good scandal/story ....i guarantee a response from the media here that will include harassment of this group by the media.

this is the way to deal with these things i have decided.