Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Kryo Man - WTF?

Default Kryo Man - WTF?

Hi folks,
    Been away for a while, but good to be back and catching up on the forum.
    I keep seeing this guy Kryo-man coming up in Youtube videos and I can't help but wonder how the hell he gets away with what he does.

Has anyone seen his act in person?

I don't want to be the "laser police" but I don't understand the sheer lack of regard for audience safety this guy has, and it's the same from show to show...
    Personally, I think the robot suit is played out and corny as hell but that's another topic. I am seeing blatent close range blasting of strait beams from high powered pointers, right into people's faces.
    Example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxP1jkGiPzc

(Skip to 5:25 for the face blasts)

Another example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z717h...eature=related

Would love to see his show variance for this...can anyone dig up a variance at all for this dude?

I love how clubs spend thousands of dollars to have this guy show up for 15 min.
    Not jealous of his invention, just peeved at the arrogance and blatent rule breaking that happens every time this guy performs.

I can't legally scan a crowd in the USA with a 1W fast moving beam from a certified projector, yet he can point a "light saber-ish" strait 445 beam wherever he pleases. No 3 meter rule applies to this guy. Why, because he's a "performer"?

Any thoughts?

The 5:25 shot to the faces, IMO should be criminal. That is relatively close and Definitely within burn range. This is all OBVIOUSLY dangerous and against every known rule of Laser safety in the USA. However, like we all joke about- If the FDA doesnt know about you, they cant punish you.

I hate to say it, but if us PRO (and law/safety abiding hobbyists) dont start "ratting" illegal and/or dangerous shows out to the authorities, we are HELPING the problems. We need to start taking blatantly obviously dangerous shows and illegal systems and reporting them. the FDA *IS* investigating and doing what it is supposed to do when it comes to things like this. I know first hand. They cant investigate a problem and do anything about it if they dont know anything about it.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

What a f..... ing asshole. This is outrageous.

If you look closely some people raise their hands to protect themselves as an automatic reaction on the bright beams. Andrew and mark your absolutly right. The FDA has to know about this guy for sure. Who has good contacts with the FDA to let them know that they can take action to prevent him from peforming again ? Its just a matter of a few peformances and one or more of the spectators will be blind for his whole live. Please guys one of you pick up the phone and take this to the FDA. This is something that needs action. I hope someone is willing to take action on this

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

wow i thought i had seen some bad shows but that is bad. i would rather sit in front of a projector than be in a crowd with this guy.
    Atleast the projector is keeping the beam moving compared to the full power static beams.
    Seeing as this guy has done large shows in las vegas i think its time we rattle the monkey cage and see what happens.
    I might feel better if he was using powers of under 50mw but i highly doubt it.

Lightbulb

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/CriminalInv...ns/default.htm

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/script...ci/contact.cfm

..and *no*, if you report the guy / they decide to do-something, this does not mean that, 'great, now, *all* handhelds will be banned / laser shows will become illegal', etc.. the FDA knows the 'difference' between the bozos / hacks / truly unsafe-people / installs / shows, vs all the 'legit' uses for handhelds / laser-shows done-right, etc...

..but like Marc said, if they don't know, they won't act.. IMO, if there was more enforcement, there would (in-theory..) be *less* incidents... If even ONE Co. / person got the $300K-snot fined out of them / it was highly-publicized / plastered all-over the news, that should help.. (..again, in-theory.. ) ...of course, you'll never stop ALL the idiots, and, 'ya can't fix stupid'... but.. ya gotta *try*..

ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I totally agree. That,s why someone has to pick up the phone and report this to the FDA so that they can take action before the next show of that idiot. Please can someone take action on this?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Did you know you do not have to be a US Citizen to file a email complaint or phone complaint in the US?

Steve

Give me the email adress and i send the link. I,m happy to contact them. Send me a PM with the telephone number and i,m happy make the call. Or is it just me that really want to take action? come on guys this must be stopped

WOW, that is insane!!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

PM sent, it seems they have hired some more people with investigational powers.
    There is a brand new one in my neck of the woods, much to my suprise, according to Google.

Steve