Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Kryo Man - WTF?

"KRYOMAN — Known by most as “the robot” that has been rocking dance floors all over the globe since early in 2005. Originaly the brainchild of Andrew Moore (carrer performer and special fx artist) and Alejandro Gonzales, (the inventor of the Kryosystem) is the first and only portable Kryogenic System in the world. Together combined with a million function L.E.D Robotic suit, 100mw lazers and a full intergrated Pyrotechnic special FX system makes KRYOMAN the ultimate Club Show."
    Corporate Member ILDA

okay so if he uses 100mw lasers its not as bad as first thought but still i would not want to be there.
    Lets hope hes using 100mw lasers and maybe found a way to keep powers low and safe for the crowds sake.

I think we are all more than 95% sure that those blues were at minimum 500mW. Probably closer to possibly 2W.

This person is just as bad; The Devil from Acapulco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E2yD...eature=related
    Corporate Member ILDA

"only portable Kryogenic System in the world"? Did I fail the part about what he is doing? Is it not just a fire extinguisher?

Quote Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
    "only portable Kryogenic System in the world"? Did I fail the part about what he is doing? Is it not just a fire extinguisher?
    It's MORE than just a fire extinguisher...

It's a portable Kyyogenic System with a Flux Capacitor (tm), triple-twistle-pistol-valves and overhead fluffy dice.
    This space for rent.

FYI, I have seen (one of) him in person, although it was not in the US I can guarantee he had some 1 watt light sabers coming out of his arms. There are several designs and several different robots. Last I knew of they owned 4 world wide

isnt the threshold of 445nm like 200mw. Its been awhile since I tinkered with one

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post

isnt the threshold of 445nm like 200mw. Its been awhile since I tinkered with one
    Yep, the spec sheet states between 150 and 300mA. From memory the 445's I tested lased at around 100mA when I tested them a while back, it's got to be at least 100mW.
    This space for rent.

Laser Warning

Quote Originally Posted by kiyoukan View Post
    okay so if he uses 100mw lasers its not as bad as first thought..
    Oh, no no no no.... Let's be clear about something.. First, though, lemme 'interrupt-myself' to also make it clear - I'm not 'jumping down your throat' / picking on *you*, in-particular, ok? Please - I don't want you to 'mis-understand-me'... - But, I *do* want to use your comments as a 'springboard', to make this point crystal-clear:

..100mW+ STATIC-BEAMS ARE WELL-MORE THAN POWERFUL-ENOUGH TO CAUSE PERMANENT EYE-DAMAGE, PEOPLE!!!! Doubt-this? Read the attached PDF, especially Page 6....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e894l9k.pdf 
Views:	16 
Size:	3.37 MB 
ID:	30231What would 100mW be, 'at the retina'?? Some types of eye-surgery is done with between 100mW and 250mW of Argon!!

...I'm not-saying that 'in every-single instance, a 100mW+ beam, swept-across the eye, *will* cause damage / blindness, 100% of the time - a lot of 'factors' come into play - blink-time response, how close to the fovea the 'hit' was, how long the beam was focused on the retina, beam-characteristics (both dia. and div.), and, yes, even 'laser color', etc...

..But, I feel obligated to, again, stress this point, 'obnoxiously-loud' because, -some- in this forum, in the past, spout-off misguiding-opinions, like, 'oh, yeah, even 200mW is 'not all that dangerous', or, accuse statements, like the above, as just being 'paranoia' / traffic-wardening, etc - BULL CRAP!! Go beam yourself in the eye with a static 100mW beam, and see how well it works out for ya!!! (Disclaimer: 'rhetorical-point', being-made, don't actually go do that! I would never feel the need to even-post such a 'silly-disclaimer', but - remember that unbelievable post over in 'LPF' where that guy posted a pic of his (reportedly) 'deliberate' 2W 445 arm-burns', remember that ****??

..I firmly-stand on my strong-opin that such 'flippant' / cavalier-attitudes, (...'it's not 'that dangerous'..) expressed by-some, CAN-be, at least, in-part, what *leads* to crap like this.. If people - now, due to the PROC / other proliferators of powerful-lasers into whomever's-hands have the dollars for them - have little to no-clue, what the actual danger-levels / bioeffects are, then - they hear / read 'not that dangerous', etc. then yes, this kind-of crap will continue to worsen, more and more... Education - that's what the people that sell this stuff, the buyers, and - club / venue-owners, need, not 'more laws'..

Sure, there will always-be people who 'don't care', etc - but.. imo, we gotta at least *try* to 'better-things', when / where-possible... At LEAST, disseminate *accurate* information, in such a widely-read / cached-forum! Accurately-present the dangers - neither over-exaggerated, nor-under - just-because *you* (..I mean, 'someone', not you, kiyoukan.. work with kW-class lasers all-day, and - to *you*, 100 - 200mW is 'not all that dangerous', it is a real disservice to the public, to espouse such opinions, as-though they were the facts...

Anyhoo, point-is - how much-power is this 'kryo-idiot' using / is it enough to actually-cause damage?? Dunno, but, even if it is, indeed, 'only' 100mW, that is almost 'criminal', to shoot-people in the face / eyes-with near-static beams.. The only thing that may 'excuse' him, at least, initially, is he - like many - simply does not understand that what he is doing, can actually be-dangerous, not just 'illegal'...which he clearly does not give a * about...

Grrrrgh. Lemme know if anyone finds-out if he plans to perform in AZ, at any-point...

<<RANT: END>> ..and again.. Not 'at-ya', kiyoukan, along-side ya...
    peace..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Damn that's a lot of underlined werds! You deserve a Star.

I'm with ya on this topic brother, just a few mW can damage an retina or worse still, an optic nerve (read lights out)...
    This space for rent.

i take no offense or hard feeling to what you said.
    But when i first saw those blue beams i thought shit he is waving around 1W 445nm lasers like a idiot.
    Then reading they they were "MAYBE" 100mw i was kinda like okay i might not shove my car up his ass if i met him maybe just a foot.
    The basic rules of lasers, dont point at living things. How hard is it for people to just not do that.
    Laser shows still look amazing without it.
    Sure i would love to crowd scan but the risk that goes with it is just to much for me to ever do.