Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Large Blacklights

Default Large Blacklights

Does anybody have any recommendations on professional UV blacklight systems to use? Most venues will be 750-1000 people. I am having a hard time finding anything other than wedding DJ type washes by Chauvet and American DJ. Looking for some high powered washes with strobe effects, heat is not an issue.
    Corporate Member ILDA

From the companies you mention, should we assume you are after led products?
    Unfortunately this is one area where led isn't really up to the traditional discharge type fixtures. So for output you'll still be hard pressed to replace the 400w cannon/flood, but of course there is very little control unless you rig some sort of shutter to them.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

i like the Wildfire units

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnb View Post
    i like the Wildfire units
    I have only seen one dealer for them but they didn't have much for details. Do you have any videos or anything cool to fill me in on as they are pricey little units.
    Corporate Member ILDA

i am using the showtec blacklight cannons 400W each
    their range isnt very big ±5 meter around the light after that the blacklight effect loses power

To give you an idea i used to use 3 wild fire units to light a 30' x 40 ' UV reactive Back drop on the Alice cooper brutal planet tour and the backdrop was TOOO bright. verry intense. one thing i have found prob due to the short wave length UV FX drop off fairly fast as far as throw distance.

one thing i have found prob due to the short wave length UV FX drop off fairly fast as far as throw distance
    I would think thats as much the nature of the flood effect as anything. A very tight focus would probably work over long distances, but we don't traditionally want that out of a UV fixture.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

That's why the Wildfire ones employ a longer wavelength I think. They claim an 80ft throw distance.

http://www.wildfirefx.com/wfi/amazin...TpStatus=1&Tp=

I have no operator experience of these. I've only ever seen the metal cage 400W cannons in clubs, but the venues have been small. Only black light I've used was a 75w tungsten traditional bulb type and it was a waste of time even in a domestic situation!

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    That's why the Wildfire ones employ a longer wavelength I think. They claim an 80ft throw distance.

http://www.wildfirefx.com/wfi/amazin...TpStatus=1&Tp=

I have no operator experience of these. I've only ever seen the metal cage 400W cannons in clubs, but the venues have been small. Only black light I've used was a 75w tungsten traditional bulb type and it was a waste of time even in a domestic situation!
    Just make sure the cable is rated appropriately.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Just make sure the cable is rated appropriately.
    Briggs your such a chop, (Piss my shit though)
    Authorised UK agent for Viasho lasers,
    Certified Coherent integrator and supplier,
    and providers of high quality professional laser displays and special effects
    www.ac-lasers.co.uk