Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 532 nm Mirrors

Yes, that's just the point. I have a couple of narrow band PBS cubes from JML that are clearly superior to the broad band versions and cheaper than equivalent broad band cubes. That is why I began this thread with the idea that if you know ahead of time what wavelength you want to manipulate, then a narrow band optic is a better choice.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    ...so the OEM LS is going to be the way to go.
    Check.. I'll bring it to NY / NH, and you can 'try before you buy', how does that sound? Then, if it works out good, we can do a 'cash n' carry'... But even-so, don't forget that simple - but effective - 'hoodie' idea for the 'overspill' - I put 'hoodies' on just about all bounce-points, etc, whenever-possible.. even over galvo-blox, etc - Safer, and much-easier to work on the deck, 'visually', even-if 'scatter' is-reduced with a narrow-band mir, like these...

..and you don't need to 'always use' those oem deck beam-stops, like in that pix-example, since those are of limited-supply, with the OEM-decks - just cut-up some 12-gauge black-ano'd plate, and epoxy or screw into-place..

ttys..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...