Thread: White Light Mirror?

Default White Light Mirror?

I want to ask are these mirrors that I purchased from Cambridge Technology able to reflect what is referred to as "white light"? Will they be able to handle the whole color spectrum RGB? And will I have the ability to get the "White Light" from them? They cost $425 for a 5mm set.

Here are the spec's they gave me on my purchase>> Silicon Substrate, Flatness of 1C, V1 - Broadband Visible Dielectric 450nm-675nm Coating, ±30 deg optical.

Cambridge Technology "standard mirrors" have a Visible Dielectric Coating. The coating is a high performance, wide band dielectric with >97% reflectivity from 450nm to 675nm. The damage threshold is between 300-400 watts/cm2. For the visible coating the damage threshold can be as high
    as 0.5MW/cm2 for peak power. The crystalline silicon mirrors have a standard flatness of lambda/1 at 632.8nm and a standard surface quality scratch and dig figure of 40/20

"Broadband" vs "Wide Band" I have no idea what the difference is...if there is a difference in the meaning.

This why I am asking if the CT mirrors Are a "White Light" Mirror. I have been reading about different types of mirrors and ran across this >>>

Dielectric mirrors have many layers of material vacuum deposited on them, in order to reflect the desired band of wavelengths (colors). In most cases, these mirrors are optimized for Argon, and will take 10, 20, or even 30 watts of laser power. If many more layers of material are deposited, the mirror will reflect red as well as blue and green, in which case it is called a white-light mirror (typically much more expensive).
    For low power ( less than one watt) purposes, you can use aluminized mirrors which are very cheap, and are by nature white-light reflective.

I'm trying to learn as fast as I can...I am new to projectors and this crazy fun world of lasers

Thanks for any Help

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

445 to 650 is all your concerned with with modern lasers, Wiki says 380 to 750, but that is extreme. Your fine.

Steve