Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 9W RGB special red beam!

wow, can you email this to laserworld :-)

they claim for safty tell max power that is inside.
    and i give all my cleints a power raport off acually useble output power.
    so i am allways 1005 FAIRE. AS THE 9w WAS INTERNAL POWER, I AD A STICKER ON ALL MY LASERS WITH REAL OUTP[UT POWER.

my luminous 2300 give 2800mW output power, so i must change this name also... come on men get a life!

the 9W has:
    6x400mW red = 2400mW
    1x 2300mW green
    4x 1150mW bleu = 4600
    total power inside: 9300mW
    lost of optics, mirrors, pbs, waveplate, knife edg etc etc got 8.2W output. and i call it a 9W becourse it is the name of this case! and real power is on the sticker! and in all my ads on internet!
    and i not replay becourse i will never sell it to one from the forum! (6000 euro for 8200mW RGB crazy callculation)

Laserworld are based in Switzerland outside of the EU.

If it has 9W inside, then that may be ok depending on what is considered the norm within the industry. If the norm is to measure it externally then you may have a problem if you don't make it clear in your adverts that's the internal reading and mislead consumers as a result.

If you're selling goods within the EU then the onus is on you to describe them correctly....

Remember they're in Switzerland, it you who's selling within the EU, so responsibility is on you to comply with EU law with regards to descriptions.

As for being overspec, I doubt you'll have any problems but sell them underspec and potentially you could be in trouble if you know or should have known that they were underspec.

It would seem that best practice may be to do what most people in the industry seem to do and that's describe projectors by the minimum they'll be making. That way no one is misled as to what they might be getting and if they get more, most people will be delighted.

I'm sure that a trade body in your own country such as the equivalent of Trading Standards could provide you with better guidance as to what you need to do to meet the law in the Netherlands.

This was just a friendly heads up that law in the EU is now quite strict on business / consumer relationships.

Joost,

I agree, in this you are right. You will almost certainly not sell to anyone on this forum. What is troubling is that you may sell to someone else.

Your product is misrepresented and your responses are infuriating. Your defensive rather than informative. If the same attitude guides you in selecting your own equipment, hiring your employes and setting up and running your shows I for one would be afraid to hire your company. If you use your own eyes as a set up guide, I can only believe that you will begin face the risks you pose only AFTER someone is injured. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Laserworld are based in Switzerland outside of the EU.

If it has 9W inside, then that may be ok depending on what is considered the norm within the industry. If the norm is to measure it externally then you may have a problem if you don't make it clear in your adverts that's the internal reading and mislead consumers as a result.

If you're selling goods within the EU then the onus is on you to describe them correctly....

Remember they're in Switzerland, it you who's selling within the EU, so responsibility is on you to comply with EU law with regards to descriptions.

As for being overspec, I doubt you'll have any problems but sell them underspec and potentially you could be in trouble if you know or should have known that they were underspec.

It would seem that best practice may be to do what most people in the industry seem to do and that's describe projectors by the minimum they'll be making. That way no one is misled as to what they might be getting and if they get more, most people will be delighted.

I'm sure that a trade body in your own country such as the equivalent of Trading Standards could provide you with better guidance as to what you need to do to meet the law in the Netherlands.

This was just a friendly heads up that law in the EU is now quite strict on business / consumer relationships.
    I think this sums the point up perfectly,Joost I've always found you helpful and I'm not going to question your safety record as they are your shows/clients so it's not my public liability at stake I think some people need to stop playing Laser police, if advice is going to be given on safety or opinions on safety it should be constructive and not just "That's not safe"
    lighting the way since 89

thanks!
    and i allways teel output power with ad and sticker on top of machines :-)
    never lie
    never had problems
    and yes i do this for 15 years, the laser police men above, how manny reel shows did he do ?

laser greets joost

remember there was a client here reporting he bought one of his projectors and got way way less then advertised (dont know where the topic with that comment is anymore, feel free to repost).
    Sure it was reported by the user itself too late (because as far as im aware he didn't had measure equipment). I've never heard anything about you giving reports to the people of the power, and if you would he would have likely known that it was underspec.

Anyway i'm done on this thread, this is getting no where.

See everyone,constructive critisizm works As for shows/clients you may be right on that point HOWEVER I' bet there are a lot of hobbyists on here that could give some professionals a run for their money on shows,they just have not had the chance or opportunity to do that (yet).
    lighting the way since 89

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    remember there was a client here reporting he bought one of his projectors and got way way less then advertised (dont know where the topic with that comment is anymore, feel free to repost).
    Sure it was reported by the user itself too late (because as far as im aware he didn't had measure equipment). I've never heard anything about you giving reports to the people of the power, and if you would he would have likely known that it was underspec.

Anyway i'm done on this thread, this is getting no where.

That customer was not so smart,
    He buys the laser with test report from me and I gave him the ability to show and test and demo in my studio.

He did not let me see that the power had gone back. It was a new lasermovinghead, there is 1 year warranty ....
    Who brings a defective laser not back within warranty period?

It was his choice and I could not help him.... he complane after he had sold it really strange...

Lasers are the same as lamps, factory warranty.
    I build the lasers with factory warante, I buy them with a guarantee like everyone else.

The most I use is CNI and OEM diode lasers
    Yes, we need to stop here, does not make much sense.
    regards joost
    Last edited by RGB LASER VERKOOP; 04-06-2012 at 06:36.

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by RGB LASER VERKOOP View Post
    and yes i do this for 15 years, the laser police men above, how manny reel shows did he do ?
    Ouch.....

(plus 15 chars of course.)

I don't think that 15 years in the industry is good enough to assure people that you are safe, particularly when you admit you set up using your eyes only.
    I think the only thing it demonstrates is 15 years of poor practice, but if that is how you want to represent yourself, feel free.

Interesting company you keep though. Goes some way to explaining why you grade your lasers the way you do, and some of your marketing tactics too.

http://www.laserworld.com/en/laserwo...-showroom.html
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.