Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Hologram?

Default Ultimate Hologram?

What a waste of glow sticks though!

Looks like a regular projection until about 22 secs in. Then quite amazingly 3D.

Also, can't see a screen!

Hmmm <grumpy old man mode 'On'>...

That's got about as much to do with a hologram as my left nipple!

I do wish people would stop using the term 'Hologram' incorrectly (not aimed at you Al ).

It's more than likely a simple illusion such as a 'Pepper's Ghost', definately NOT a hologram though.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Thats not a hologram but a video projection on a LGP
    Amazing 3D? no.
    Sega reusing their project diva game model and using motion capture combined with the newest street fighter engine for physics and such.
    Other then that its just 2 video projectors projecting a screen where the rest of the projection, other then the character is black.

Oh I miss the times when Hatsune miku wasn't overrated as it is now.
    It's completely over for me with that.

Vikuiti screen, smart find right there! Never thought of that.
    Though I got extremely similar results with LGP.
    Last edited by masterpj; 02-15-2012 at 04:23.

It is Peppers Ghost iirc, there was a discussion about it on Blueroom
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

not a Pepper's Ghost. That is obviously rear projection, probably onto 3M's Vikuiti screen - which is VERY low reflection.

A Pepper's Ghost is for mirror-based mixing of 2 scenes, ie: a mechanical rocking chair, with a CGI character sitting in that chair, or switching between 2 scenes.

I did one once for halloween, one side had the candy dish that all the kids wanted, and the other side... ME!

If you watch this:

at around :18 you can see the frame of the screen... in the background, you can see the dual video projectors.

the amazing thing is that people not only go to such a show, but wave around glow sticks...

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    It is Peppers Ghost iirc, there was a discussion about it on Blueroom
    Not peppers ghost just projection on LGP.

Goolgal there has/is a huge fanbase for hatsune miku, people that make animations, art, music using the programs provided.
    It catched on with anime fans and a quite big group of graphical artists which had a lot of talent which helped the hype grow to a level of insanity, so Sega stepped in the whole thing and thats where it kept rolling.

Ooops I started an argument.

I have to disagree with one thing Peiter, I think the 3D effect is very good. In may shots the character has real depth and it does look like someone is on stage.

I do see the screen now that everyone has mentioned it. Very cleverly done.

Sorry it wasn't a hologram Jem. Just went off the title and the fact that it was 3D. I suppose more correctly its a holographic projection?

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Ooops I started an argument.

I have to disagree with one thing Peiter, I think the 3D effect is very good. In may shots the character has real depth and it does look like someone is on stage.

I do see the screen now that everyone has mentioned it. Very cleverly done.

Sorry it wasn't a hologram Jem. Just went off the title and the fact that it was 3D. I suppose more correctly its a holographic projection?
    Dear whitelight it's pieter, not peiter. Not sure how some people flip the 2 characters. thanks

I know here in the US, there is no 'i' in Peter... I think the UK is similar.

So when we need to use 'i' in Peter, we don;t know where it goes.