Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Contact info for DrLava

Thumbs up

Lava doctor just answered to my messages,after 3 weeks,and he said,make some shipments for Us.
    Thank You Andrew!
    Last edited by epyn; 02-29-2012 at 02:35. Reason: spelling mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by lasersbee View Post
    Time for you to wake up and smell the coffee....

Jerry
    what do you think I wake up in the morning for?!

C

Hi guys, yeah it's been a crazy couple of weeks, actually months. In the last 6 months I will have graduated, applied, found, and started a job, moved to 3 different states (3 moves), and had a kid just in the last few weeks. Thank you for putting up with the comms delays, it's not a normal thing and will get better. As I PMed stateside (who is apparently not stateside), I had charged his account and was getting ready to ship it before the baby came but there was a shipping info problem with the order and it got delayed, that's why it was the odd one out getting charged and not shipped. Anyway it's looking like I'm about to get some shipping assistance and that's a great thing. As I've said about my software, any feedback is good, positive and negative because it helps to improve the product and service.

laserbee, I appreciate your position, but you became 'not a customer' in my mind when you posted in the other forum last year or so of your desire to copy my driver and sell it. Since then, it seems a pattern you lurk around and post only in negative threads at least as far as I'm concerned that you don't have business in. So I have to wonder what is your motivation. I'd like to think it's because you see a good thing and want to see me succeed, but based on history it's not clear this is the case. If your sole business is your LPMs and various things, please don't feel the need to try to tear others down or form some sort of weird hobbyist posse to bring yourself up, instead everyone wins if you just succeed on your own merits.

Best regards to all

Wtf? Ok I'm going to have to chime in here and say that I ordered some lenses from Dr.Lava, got them in a reasonable amount of time (even during his crisis- /blessings/ transitionatory times ) and was happy with his service. He just offered imo a good explanation of his current and past situations and his ongoing attempts to rectify the problems. I don't why everyone cant just cut him a friggin break for f sake.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    I don't why everyone cant just cut him a friggin break for f sake.
    Yep, i second that. Give the guy a break already
    "its called character briggs..."

You have to look at the source of that comment to make any sense of it. Nice 'first' post, DaFreak.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    laserbee, I appreciate your position, but you became 'not a customer' in my mind when you posted in the other forum last year or so of your desire to copy my driver and sell it. Since then, it seems a pattern you lurk around and post only in negative threads at least as far as I'm concerned that you don't have business in. So I have to wonder what is your motivation. I'd like to think it's because you see a good thing and want to see me succeed, but based on history it's not clear this is the case. If your sole business is your LPMs and various things, please don't feel the need to try to tear others down or form some sort of weird hobbyist posse to bring yourself up, instead everyone wins if you just succeed on your own merits.

Best regards to all
    Since you keep insisting that I respond....

Besides not taking care of your paid up customers are you also
    on drugs... That could explain a lot..

On the "where is drlava" Thread on the other Forum that you refer
    to I mentioned that if you could not supply your product that it
    would not take much effort for a member with some good electronics
    knowledge to design a similar Boost driver that could be available at
    all times.

You assumed it to mean that I wanted to produce them... You know
    what they say about people that "assume"...

I'm a member of a few Forums and I will voice my views when I see
    members/customers being ignored or abused by sellers... whether
    it is you or some other seller.
    I'm not the one that members have to open Threads about in numerous
    Forums because YOU dropped the ball.

Pointing at me to throw your disgruntled customers off your back
    won't work or help...

Just pick up the slack and supply what you promised and what
    customers have paid for or close the Store doors...

Only then will all the Threads about you Ignoring your customers
    go away... Only you have the means to correct these Threads if
    you really want to...

FYI... my main business is Industrial Electronic R&D... the LPMs are
    just another branch of the main business...

Jerry
    Last edited by lasersbee; 03-02-2012 at 14:57. Reason: spelling errors
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

May I suggest nicely that all the LPFers and the members of the "other forums" take their f*cking disgruntled complaints away from PL and go resolve them on the forums from whence they came. As long as I can remember, Dr.Lava has been a long standing and reputable member of this forum. If there are complaints on afore mentioned "other forums" please everyone go to those and don't drag your dirty laundry, aka; sh*t, over here. (please .) That was as nice as I could put it. OK? nice.
    Last edited by steve-o; 03-03-2012 at 09:21. Reason: cleaned up language

^^^ dnar likes this post.
    This space for rent.

Well-stated JohnYayas.

I joined this forum and LPF because I was looking for an answer from DrLava. I found DrLava's web site because I was looking for a FlexMod P3 which, from what I found, was perfect for what I was trying to do. I first tried to purchase it from FlaminPyro since he took PayPal, but his site isn't fully functional yet. I then went to the source, DrLava's site, and used Google checkout to order a couple things. I ordered on Feb 17th. I expected some sort of confirmation that my order was received by DrLava and being processed. I was getting antsy because I hadn't heard a thing from him by the 21st so I just sent a request for a status on my order through Google Wallet.

I sent this on the 21st:
    It's been a few days since I've placed my order. I understand you typically ship within 2-7 days after the order is placed, but I would like to know if you have the parts in stock. I wouldn't want to wait a week to then be told that my order can't be fulfilled.Thank you for any further information you can provide.
    Then I waited. Still no response. I decided to try to track him down on the 23rd. I used WHOIS to get contact information from nautilus-integration.com. I found DrLava's real name there so did a search on it along with the word "scam" and found a thread on LPF with a bunch of complaints. I read DrLava's visitor comments where customers were desperately trying to get the things they ordered or were promised. I was worried now. I checked my credit card transactions and confirmed that he hasn't charged me yet, so that relieved my worries a little about him being a scammer. Now I just have him categorized as one of those flighty, smart guy types. I also found that he recently had a child. Another good excuse for my delay, but not really for all the ones I was reading about. I also read at LPF that he comes here more often so I tried to track him down via PM. When I opened his profile page, I saw that he was showing as online and his current activities were changing. I sent him a PM asking for a status and congratulated him for his new child stating that I could understand the delay. The problem, however, is that his activity kept changing and all he was doing was reading the forums. He's got a backlog of customers anxiously waiting for their orders and HE'S READING THE FORUMS. Not just a couple minutes. I periodically checked in to see if he ever read my PM. He didn't, but his activity still showed him reading the forums (the activity kept changing). This was truly irritating. My project is on hold because of a guy who doesn't put his paid customers before fun time. He posted the message here before responding to my PM or Google Wallet message. Notice that in both messages posted here, there are only explanations, defenses against disgruntled customers, and NO APOLOGY for dropping the ball. He did apologize for the delay in my order via PM on the 28th, but that was after I had to cancel my order.

I'm new to the laser community. I'm working on a CNC etcher. Every part that I have purchased from people within your laser-loving community was shipped promptly and arrived at my house within 2-3 business days. Except for Dr. Lava's stuff. When I found that FlaminPyro actually had what I wanted, I requested it from him and had it in 2 days from the time he shipped it. SurvivalLaser was prompt. I purchased twice from that web site and each order arrived in 2 days. DTR was prompt and is a seller on ebay with excellent ratings. His 445nm laser diode burns wood as I had hoped it would. The CNC parts community has also been as prompt. I've ordered stepper motor controllers and stepper motors. All came in 3 days or less. The days of allow 4-6 weeks for delivery from the back of Boy's Life magazine are long gone. ;-)

Anyway, I don't harbor any ill will toward DrLava personally, just his business practices. He could be wildly successful if he just followed good business practices. I hope he steps up, treats all customers equally, and succeeds as he should.