Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Selling section for the non-hobbyists among us

if this was my forum, i would block all commercial posts and that way keep it to be an educational resourse.

I know this thread is 2 months old, but its near to the top of the list so I figured I'd throw in my two cents.

We should force commercial sellers to post a price on their items. This PM for price business (and skirting around it when members ask in the thread. Should be made a rule. If you are selling something the price must be clearly displayed:

In the post
    In a pricelist attached to the post
    On the website your post links to (no email for quote crap when you arrive at the site)

I see all the hobbyists doing it (edison puts a price up for his modules, so does andy_con. Badpip is another with his neat quad driver). Why cant the commercial entities.

And the old "oh but they may have different pricing for bulk orders" doesn't fly either. Since WHEN has a hobbyist ordered 50 1 Watt greens except in say a group buy situation.

+1

Nothing more to say.

StarryEyed

I think its a good idea to have a selling section for non-hobbyists. I,m a registrated company and i make money in selling modules (not nearly enough to make a living out of it at the moment but i,m doing the best i can ) so it makes sence to advertise in a non hobbyist section. I prefer not to post my complete pricelist but a link to my own website/webshop. That is more interesting for the customer because he might be interested in a set of scanners also and want to contact me directy by email or on skype.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Why not have a "SPAM SECTION", if you can't stop the Spam info, then have a "SPAM SECTION" for it.
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.

www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com

Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    Why not have a "SPAM SECTION", if you can't stop the Spam info, then have a "SPAM SECTION" for it.
    Yeah, one where only the spammer can see it and thinks everyone else can too!

Yes, and have it non-searchable, too. 10 million commercial results won't show up if I search for "Projector".
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.