Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 546061626364

Thread: The LSX tutorials thread!

Quote Originally Posted by FHaze View Post
    The 2018 LSX version does not include the Lissajou event?
    Once I figured out how to access "Events", it is indeed listed, so thanks for the "hint".

First I'll have to see if I have the preset you mentioned in the Lissajou event.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Once I figured out how to access "Events", it is indeed listed, so thanks for the "hint".

First I'll have to see if I have the preset you mentioned in the Lissajou event.
    You can try other presets as they suffer from the same behavior.

The 2018 LSX version does not include the Lissajou event?
    I'm making progress in understanding how the abstract generator works.

I also found my LSX copy of the "electron1_3D_700.abs" file and opened it in the Lissajou generator. I was then able to identify how to view the "hidden" parameters.

The Channels 1, 2 and 3 each have the same buttons for Gain, Delta and Freq. If you single click each of these buttons for each Channel you will discover where these hidden values are defined.

Here is a screenshot of Channel 1's Freq "hidden" settings:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lissajou-electron1_3D_700_abs screenshot.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	623.8 KB 
ID:	57205

If you single-click all 9 of these Channel "n" buttons you will see some button details differ from the defaults of these buttons that occur if you only match the main Lissajou Event screen settings. I bet if you match these 9 button settings you will get the original results.

Let us know if I'm right!

Update Edit: I confirmed myself that I was correct on this and also changed my previously mentioned "double-click" above to "single-click" these Gain, Delta and Freq buttons.

Rock on!
    Last edited by lasermaster1977; 10-29-2020 at 09:14.

@lasermaster1977
    I am sorry for the delay for
    answering your reply.

Thank you again for helping me.

Were you able to reproduce the preset from a blank one? I was still not able even by doing what you wrote.

These values you see are an automation for the parameter in the main screen. Each parameter has its own automation button below (the buttons you mentioned).
    I was still not able to reproduce the preset from a blank one even copying the automation (the screen that opens when you press the buttons).

But there is something interesting: I discover that if you open the electron preset and turn down all 3 parameters from the 3 channels and try to back the parameters to the original place, the preset is then broken. Not sure what is happening, if you do this but let at least one parameter not in zero position, the preset does not break.

@lasermaster1977
    I am sorry for the delay for
    answering your reply.

Thank you again for helping me.

Were you able to reproduce the preset from a blank one? I was still not able even by doing what you wrote.

These values you see are an automation for the parameter in the main screen. Each parameter has its own automation button below (the buttons you mentioned).
    I was still not able to reproduce the preset from a blank one even copying the automation (the screen that opens when you press the buttons).

But there is something interesting: I discover that if you open the electron preset and turn down all 3 parameters from the 3 channels and try to back the parameters to the original place, the preset is then broken. Not sure what is happening, if you do this but let at least one parameter not in zero position, the preset does not break.
    Yes, I was able to reproduce the original preset. I wonder what is going on with your attempts. I will revisit this again to see if I get the same results I first got. If I do, I will make a more detailed explanation of the steps I did.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Yes, I was able to reproduce the original preset. I wonder what is going on with your attempts. I will revisit this again to see if I get the same results I first got. If I do, I will make a more detailed explanation of the steps I did.
    Now this is weird. I was revisiting this last night and was getting different results than I was before. Will keep trying.