Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: The LSX tutorials thread!

the other, possibly easiest way to make a circle of dots is to just draw a circle in quick picedit and then use the active point editor to loop around and duplicate all points and then blank every other one.

even easier than that, use one of the many dot circles already in the picture catalogs.

tribble: you can use LSX exported ontent on your ILDA format 0 only projector by using ILD SOS to convert the ilda file to format 0. turn off all the processing steps, load the ilda file, and in the save section choose format 0 and under palette, choose 64 color ilda and make sure 'include palette' is unchecked. Lots of people use ILD SOS for this purpose because not many ILDA playback projectors support the variety of ILDA formats available.
    Last edited by drlava; 06-24-2013 at 20:30.

now that you opened that can of worms, what's the complete list of ordering of events in LSX? e.g. what gets evaluated before what? i tried to play with worldrotate vs. rotate but it doesn't seem to have any effect, perhaps there are special conditions to be met?

When using the abstract generator it seems like I have a much smaller working area for patterns. Due to this when I move my abstracts around the screen they get clipped. However when I use the animation event and load one of my patterns I have the full working area. Is there a reason for this limitation in the abstract generator? Is there a way to allow the abstracts to move freely in your entire working space? Is there some kind of work around?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

set your Target to be "00 - Full" in the 3d lissajous/Abstract generator.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    When using the abstract generator it seems like I have a much smaller working area for patterns. Due to this when I move my abstracts around the screen they get clipped. However when I use the animation event and load one of my patterns I have the full working area. Is there a reason for this limitation in the abstract generator? Is there a way to allow the abstracts to move freely in your entire working space? Is there some kind of work around?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    set your Target to be "00 - Full" in the 3d lissajous/Abstract generator.
    And prepare to buy new scanners if ya are not exactly sure what ya are doing. I'd build in the small world then move full
    leading in trailing technology

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

be careful though... there is a reason that the abstract target world is set to a small scan angle.

edit: what polishedball said

dzodzo: look under help >> timeline help, there is a list there

i usually start by setting the point count to very low and then alternate between seeking interesting harmonics and reasonable point rates.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    And prepare to buy new scanners if ya are not exactly sure what ya are doing. I'd build in the small world then move full
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i usually start by setting the point count to very low and then alternate between seeking interesting harmonics and reasonable point rates.
    and don't forget about the "abstract" scanning optimization setting.

Thank You setting the target to "Full" is exactly what I was looking for.

did someone say "abstract"?

'cause if they did...