Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Old School — Like NEW!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Humm.... if we collectively pool together. This could work. I don't care about the laser OR the abstract generator. If Swami and Sugeek can come up withe the ducats..... hummm....

You know, I posted that this morning and later whilst on my way to work I realised the mistake I had made

Sorry chaps

It's certainly some top notch Old Skool stuff
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

That's true. Digital abstracts can often be too ... well, digital. There's too little that's organic about them. Here layering waveforms on waveforms creates truly psychedelic imagery. And by psychedelic I mean basically understandable (because it is organic) yet just beyond complete comprehension. It's this marriage of fluidity that makes something beautiful rather than just just momentarily intriguing. There's that moment that as Ivan Dryer said, "you are transported out of your seat."

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i recently spent some quality time with an old laser spectacular abstract synthesizer. those old knob boxes are unlike anything i've ever seen software do.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

you might check out LSX. the digitally synthesized abstract generator is way more than the typical oscillator slider that you see in most laser show software. here are a few that i made a while back:

Quote Originally Posted by Earthnik View Post
    That's true. Digital abstracts can often be too ... well, digital. There's too little that's organic about them. Here layering waveforms on waveforms creates truly psychedelic imagery. And by psychedelic I mean basically understandable (because it is organic) yet just beyond complete comprehension. It's this marriage of fluidity that makes something beautiful rather than just just momentarily intriguing. There's that moment that as Ivan Dryer said, "you are transported out of your seat."
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Humm.... if we collectively pool together. This could work. I don't care about the laser OR the abstract generator. If Swami and Sugeek can come up withe the ducats..... hummm....
    I think there's a piece or two in the collection I'd be interested in. Certainly a great idea! Earthnik, thanks for bringing this to this forum, you've certainly found the right home for this stuff! I'm curious, as I'm sure we all are, what are you looking to get for the whole setup? Also, I will be in San Francisco in a couple weeks, any chance for an in person inspection? I must admit, there are a couple artifacts in the pics that concern me. First, the key on the Reliant in one photo is different than the key in the Reliant on the other photo...

You guys work it out between you and send me an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post

At the time all keys were the same pin configuration. That way everyone who misplaced one could always borrow someone else's. I'll throw in all 3 keys assuming I still have the chrome one. I'm pretty busy right now and will be in Long Beach from March 1-5. But hit me up and we'll pull it out of the closet and demo it for you. Ststem come with a buttload of shows on disk and ADAT tape ... forgot to mention that.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I think there's a piece or two in the collection I'd be interested in. Certainly a great idea! Earthnik, thanks for bringing this to this forum, you've certainly found the right home for this stuff! I'm curious, as I'm sure we all are, what are you looking to get for the whole setup? Also, I will be in San Francisco in a couple weeks, any chance for an in person inspection? I must admit, there are a couple artifacts in the pics that concern me. First, the key on the Reliant in one photo is different than the key in the Reliant on the other photo...

Well, I need to sign off soon as it's an early morning but, here would be my list... and it's mainly ancillary stuff, the Lasershow Performer for sure, the lumia glass, the mounts, the fog machine, the mirrors, and out of the rack, the signal control box, maybe the UGC but, I have one and am also looking at a four channel one with someone else that would negate the need for this one. And quite possibly the projector although again, I'm willing to pass on that if I can at least get in on the remainder. I don't know how to use a scope. I have a power meter. And, can relate to not knowing what the other Alesis box is! lol

The shows just caught my attention as well! And, I can have them transferred to digital for the others who might join in on this purchase so we'd all have them, (assuming you'd be o.k. with that.)

So tell me DZ ... what else "concerns" you. I'm no shyster and have a superlative reputation in the Laser Industry. There's nothing here I am misrepresenting.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post