Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Illegal USA Laser System Sales

But the point I was making is that in an rgb projector, the beam passes lots of optics that effectively filter IR anyway, so the safety point is moot unless working inside the case, and even then.
    There is obviously an issue with misleading descriptions though.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

YEA NEVER run the laser with the case off.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0060[1].JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	783.5 KB 
ID:	30770 Unles you got full spectrum version goggles.. all see is teeny yellow dots!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by nuphotonix View Post
    I checked last night on a SHNIP RGB laser that I am retro fitting for compliance in a nightclub here.... ....Shnip is a guilty party. FYI I charged the local venue 4k to make the legal enclosure and nessessary saftey circuts. The guy is taking it in the shorts on the non compliant laser. I told him he should have bought an X-laser for the money,
    I'm certainly not one to tell someone how to handle their business or begrudge them making money but, reading about this situation rubs me just a little the wrong way. I'm not trying to be a prick or anything but, are you sure charging $4000 to make an unsuspecting client's chinese box "legal" is the best way to serve your clients interest? And.. are you, in fact, then creating a manufacturers product report and filing for a variance? Are you guaranteeing the client, for that money that they will actually get a variance?

I'd like to hear more of this story before passing judgement though. You could have dropped $3500 in parts alone. Did they HAVE to get this laser modified or, could they have just tossed it for what it is and have bought something better?
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 02-28-2012 at 02:34.

Funny you ask.... they should have bagged the whole laser. 12k closed loop galvos.. the owner knows a varience HAS to be givin before it can be used. Last time I checked, I dont know of a single electrical engineer that makes less that 50$ an hour, He wants his laser to look just like the one I use on Coulee dam. thats means at the very least 30k galvos and the list goes on. this would have been a much better option for them http://www.ebay.com/itm/Laserworld-P...item563ea80d51. but given the amout of money for a registered product, and the time I have into it with parts the guy wants it done. So even with the extra 4k and the manufacturers product report, with the Variance application, it still doesent guarentee that it will be approved, or how long the guy is going to have to wait. I dont really care if your offended or not, it's just business. I also build the Technotron and sell that software and 3-d scanning camera for a pretty penny too and no one complains about it.... Fuck if i wanted to, and I have, I can simulate beamshows EASY with a 5,ooo lumens video projector, a cool powerpoint presentation, and eyescan the audience with very convincing results. you wouldnt know it wasnt a laser. now that would drop a turd in the lasermainia punchbowl and do it all for less than 6k and you will never need a varience. But I like lasers... I have ever since I touched the 532nm Co2 pumped laser in the Vegas hylton in the late 1970's. I have had my laser weapons featured on the Discovery Channels " the secret of Star Wars" and custom built laser rifles for XADS. and for you geeks out there .... this is the technotron just ad gogo dancers..
    Last edited by nuphotonix; 02-28-2012 at 18:50.

Interesting vid. Like I said, not begrudging you. Just curious as to the back story as to why they had to have THAT laser modifed rather than scrap it (lose what, like a couple hundred bucks?) and start with something better such as your suggested used X-Laser or something. Although if he thinks he wants Coulee Dam performance, it sounds like you've got a lot more *educating* and salesmanship on your hands! LOL

I guess all I was thinking is that personally, I'd have been a bit uncomfortable telling someone that I'd fix their laser for them and make it legal for $4000, not necessarily knowing if the product report will pass muster with CDRH.

Quote Originally Posted by nuphotonix View Post
    this would have been a much better option for them http://www.ebay.com/itm/Laserworld-P...item563ea80d51.
    I don't believe Laserworld are varianced.

They also have a terrible reputation on here for delivering allegedly underpowered projectors.

This would have been a much better option:

https://www.ctlasers.com/purchases/?...ctor-1-6-watts

Not a lot more but a good solid reliable 1.6 watts of genuine RGB with 25k scanners.

Or one of CT Lasers custom built systems or X Lasers systems.

Guaranteed variance and quality throughout.
    Last edited by White-Light; 02-29-2012 at 02:01.

Just for the heck of it, last night I e-mailed the seller and asked for the variance number off that Laserworld because, "I am in the US and, as you are in the US and selling them, it no doubt has the number and, I'd like to confirm it in CDRH's database. I am interested in two of these as satellites to my 3 watt RGB." (I'm not actually but, the seller doesn't need to know that.)

I'm looking forward to my response...

I got a reply!!

Hi Brad,

The RS models have recently been discontinued and replaced with the CS and PL line. We need to cancel this auction. The RS was in between those two so the PL (Purelight) are higher end and the CS (Club Series) are on the lower end. I've talked to Laserworld on this subject just last week and both of the new 2012 CS/PL lines supposedly do have variances but I have yet to receive the official documentation from them. If you like I can send you a pdf of all the models we have that DO have current FDA/CDRH variance numbers and you can compare the specs and pricing. If so please shoot me an email so I can reply with the PDF attachment "ron@******.com" Kind Regards,

Patiently waiting...

Wow... I have talked with the club owner.... He asked if we could sell the chicom laser the he mistakenly bought. Look for the parts to be for sale in the PL trade section.. =)
    Another internet scam artist... thanks for vetting them out.. so everyone reading this thread TAKE NOTE!

Stick to the varianced Kvant, X Laser (USA), any of the systems built by Marc @ CT who has a variance for his projector design, and I doubt you'll have any problems with either quality or the FDA.

RGB Laser Systems also make very good projectors but I'm unsure of their variance status.

Also, I believe LDI sell varianced projectors.