Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QS question

Default QS question

Hi!
    I need to manage three separate projectors.
    I want to use the qs.
    how many outlets it can give?
    I need to buy 3 pieces QS + interface or can be a piece to purchase QS and 2 interfaces?
    Regards.

You are only paying for the interface, QS is free software they include with the FB3.

/Thomas

Lightbulb

Hey Alex,

Just to be clear, the "interface" you speak of is the Flashback 3 or FB3 unit. It is the hardware component that the QuickShow software component runs.

You can run multiple projectors with QuickShow two different ways depending on what you want to be displayed on each projector:

1. By splitting or "daisy chaining" the output of a single FB3 "interface" which will let you see the same image projected from all of your projectors; this usually works to about 4 or 5 projectors before you start to lose some signal from the FB3 unless you are using a buffered splitter. You may also have a problem with color balance because no two projectors, with solid state lasers, have lasers that blank exactly the same. Some variation in color balance should be expected when splitting a laser controller output.

2. By getting multiple FB3 "interfaces", one for each projector, you can set each FB3 to a Projection Zone in QuickShow and project different images on each projector.

So, depending on what you want to see, 1 image 3 times, or 3 different images; you will need to get 2 ILDA splitter cables, or 2 more FB3 interfaces to use your 3 projectors with QuickShow.
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 02-22-2012 at 12:28.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

ILDA splitter cables are most times mirrored on the horizontal axis
    when using 3 projectors I split the 2 side projectors with a horizontal mirror and use a different DAC for the middle projector this way you only need 2 FB3's and one splitter

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    You can run multiple projectors with QuickShow two different ways depending on what you want to be displayed on each projector:
    2. By getting multiple FB3 "interfaces", one for each projector, you can set each FB3 to a Projection Zone in QuickShow and project different images on each projector.
    Aaron, how many FB3's can be recognized by Quickshow that way? Are you pretty much limited only by the number of USB ports you have to plug FB3's into and the number of available zones? Right now, for example, I have 4 FB3's so, if I have a USB hub or 4 free USB ports between a laptop and docking station, I can send a different thing to each zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Aaron, how many FB3's can be recognized by Quickshow that way? Are you pretty much limited only by the number of USB ports you have to plug FB3's into and the number of available zones? Right now, for example, I have 4 FB3's so, if I have a USB hub or 4 free USB ports between a laptop and docking station, I can send a different thing to each zone?
    Yes, but I am not sure of the limit. I'll ask and get back to you if no one else answers first.

Don't take this as gospel because I can't find anything to back it up, but I had a feeling it was 32!

EDIT: I take it back. The software supports 30 Projection Zones but according to the Pangolin Web page it now appears to be 6 projectors max:

http://www.pangolin.com/QS/powerful/table/table.html

Look under Advanced Show - Send to Laser in the table.
    Last edited by White-Light; 02-22-2012 at 21:18.

Thank you guys for your answers, I understood.
    I will buy 3 interfaces to display three different images

I use 2 interfaces to control 3 projectors.

Interface 1: Main Projector (center)
    Interface 2: Left/Right satellite projectors, connected with a Y cable and the X axis on the 2nd satellite is switchable (flip).

I use a combination of methods to direct frames to the 2 output zones when running live shows. Using the numerical numpad to select an output (0 or 1) and then simply select frames. You must enable 2 or more simultaneous frames).

I have also captured a number of dual zone frames (from the method above) using Quick Capture.

Some other frames are simply configured for simultaneous output to both zones.
    This space for rent.

quickshow has 30 projector zones but in the preview window you have 9 zones to send different signal
    the projector zones are to set up the scan area, beam attentunation maps etc.
    and quickshow is limited to 9 different signals at the same time.