Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 76

Thread: A-140 vs. M-140 vs. H-1600

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    525

    Default

    It looks like the dye size is a little different but the divergence does not seem any different than before at least from what I can remember as I don't have any A140's here to do an exact comparison.
    But there are some macro shots up over at the other place that show the differences.
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/14...ml#post1044361

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    115

    Default

    SO does this mean I can run my M140 from DTR to 1.6watts?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f150trk21 View Post
    SO does this mean I can run my M140 from DTR to 1.6watts?
    Easily, it may not have the best life though. IIRC the H1600's took 2.3A before they started to dim.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    Did someone ever analyse the 2D codes on the back ?
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/co...ml#post1043159

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARGLaser View Post
    Easily, it may not have the best life though. IIRC the H1600's took 2.3A before they started to dim.
    If the M140 is this diode.
    http://www.nichia.com/specification/.../NDB7875-E.pdf

    1.6W should be achievable with under the 1.7A that the diode is rated using a single element lens so would that not be in line to get the full 20,000 hours they are rated with proper heatsinking?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    1,931

    Default

    and what's more, when can we expect to get our hands on them???

    "its called character briggs..."

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    and what's more, when can we expect to get our hands on them???

    Are you asking where to get a M140. If so I have them in stock now.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    Did someone ever analyse the 2D codes on the back ?
    Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    and what's more, when can we expect to get our hands on them???

    They've been available since the M-series projector came out.
    Quite a few people have them in their hands without knowing that they are a different diode
    It was the reported differences in the average IP/OP that triggered this simple research

    I sold off 20 of them at a "special sale price" before I figured this out

    Peace,
    dave

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    1,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    Are you asking where to get a M140. If so I have them in stock now.
    well, as soon as i have the cash in hand, i will get a couple. i will also need a couple of p71, so you will definately hear from me again mister DTR
    especially since your shipments go out so fast and the whole experience is so smooth



    Quote Originally Posted by daguin View Post
    I sold off 20 of them at a "special sale price" before I figured this out
    ouch dave! that gotta hurt... at least tell the lucky new owners what they've got, so it is not a total waste
    "its called character briggs..."

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Zweibrücken, Germany
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daguin View Post
    They've been available since the M-series projector came out.
    Quite a few people have them in their hands without knowing that they are a different diode
    It was the reported differences in the average IP/OP that triggered this simple research

    I sold off 20 of them at a "special sale price" before I figured this out

    Peace,
    dave
    Hmm.. I allways select my diodes for beam quality and efficiency, this would explain the much higher output of some.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •