Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A-140 vs. M-140 vs. H-1600

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    Sorry, I should have been more specific.

Besides the cost, what is the difference between the M140 diode and the H1600 diode?
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    I think one is 5.6mm and the other is 9mm. Haven't heard about beam specs yet.
    The diodes in the M and the H series are identical
    They are the same diode
    We have recently seen a recently manufactured A-series with this higher powered diode in it

The 9mm diodes come from a different projector manufacturer

Peace,
    dave

oOps- sorry ..

The 9mm diodes come from a different projector manufacturer
    Would you tell us Which manufacturer?

Thx
    StarryEyed

Quote Originally Posted by StarryEyed View Post
    Would you tell us Which manufacturer?

Thx
    StarryEyed
    These things are NOT difficult to research
    It does NOT require a crystal ball

Just use Google and combine terms like "digital projector" with "laser"

However, the hold back about the projector is simply that we are just looking into the characteristics of the diode
    The projector is more expensive than the M series (for now at least)
    Until we know (or at least firmly suspect) that the diodes are worth the extra money, there is little reason for others to potentially waste their cash when they could get the same or better for less $

Give us a week or so

Peace,
    dave

Hey,

Thanks so far.
    I had to search in english.In german the most results were about C4$!0 beamers.

Regards
    StarryEyed

Quote Originally Posted by StarryEyed View Post
    Hey,

Thanks so far.
    I had to search in english.In german the most results were about C4$!0 beamers.

Regards
    StarryEyed
    **MOST** of them WILL be

The C4$!0 have been out for awhile and they have MANY different "models" out there already

The one with the 9mm diodes just came out

In addition, you must remember, English, is the language of science

Peace,
    dave
    Last edited by daguin; 04-13-2012 at 09:04.

Quote Originally Posted by daguin View Post
    In addition, you must remember, English, is the language of science

Peace,
    dave
    LOL .. funny guy

Here are some macro shots
    The gentleman is pretty new at this
    He "nudged" the bond wires, but you can still see the differences

I'll be PMing stev-o in a bit

9mm diode pictures
    M and H series diode pictures
    A-series diode pictures

Peace,
    dave

Diodes received Daguin. Turns out that our contract runs out in 1 month (I've been there 2 1/2 years .. I may get on with the new company.. the present contract got outbid) and.. at the same exact time, they just bought a brand NEW microscope. This one's crazy hi-tech ..it cost about 150K (I have no idea what the last one cost) but the new one is one fancy mutha f....a.. I've been trying to get in there to get pics but it's been wild busy here. I'll try to get the pics next week before my flight to see me mum the week after that. We're looking for the length and diameter of the gold lead-in wires to the die/laser chip, right? Wanna make sure ducks in-a-row .. If I can't get in next week, it'll be a week after that before the next try. I missed the training session on the new microscope. Had tests going on. I'll probably have to grab someone and get some help for the initial setup. But I'll gett-um.. eventually.. soon :]

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Diodes received Daguin. Turns out that our contract runs out in 1 month (I've been there 2 1/2 years .. I may get on with the new company.. the present contract got outbid) and.. at the same exact time, they just bought a brand NEW microscope. This one's crazy hi-tech ..it cost about 150K (I have no idea what the last one cost) but the new one is one fancy mutha f....a.. I've been trying to get in there to get pics but it's been wild busy here. I'll try to get the pics next week before my flight to see me mum the week after that. We're looking for the length and diameter of the gold lead-in wires to the die/laser chip, right? Wanna make sure ducks in-a-row .. If I can't get in next week, it'll be a week after that before the next try. I missed the training session on the new microscope. Had tests going on. I'll probably have to grab someone and get some help for the initial setup. But I'll gett-um.. eventually.. soon :]
    If you can't get to it next week, I have a guy with a SEM that will take some shots for us. I was going to have you send them to him after you were done. If you can't get to it before you have to leave though, I would ask that you let me know. I will get his address to you so you can send them to him before you go, please

Peace,
    dave