Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9mm blue.pdf 
Views:	44 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	37316

It doesn't seem to be linked from Nichia's website any more

Peace,
    dave

Yep that is what we think it to be on these diodes but we are taking an educated guess as there is no part number stamped on them.

I actually got a sample from a source that is supposed to be the same that is used in the M140 projectors new from the factory that had the same marking as the M140 and seemed to have the same general efficiency so I have no reason to doubt it and the best part is it came with this datasheet that I have not seen before. It also has some interesting notes on binning.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_6-...it?usp=sharing

Thanks for posting that! That helps to fill in some guesses and assumptions. Was your sample a 9mm or a 5.6?

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

It was a 5.6mm.

I'm sorry if the following question is of topic. However, I think it goes well with the subject.

The 3 (or more) different models has different output power spec. It is obvious that the laser diodes have changed but how about the red LED. Is that the same just run at higher / lower current or duty cycle?

Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by FutureDesign View Post
    I'm sorry if the following question is of topic. However, I think it goes well with the subject.

The 3 (or more) different models has different output power spec. It is obvious that the laser diodes have changed but how about the red LED. Is that the same just run at higher / lower current or duty cycle?

Thank you in advance!

The design of them did change a bit and I know the threshold current is a tad higher on the ones that come out of the M140's but have not put any real testing to find the difference in capabilities between the two models. Here check out this thread.
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f66/co...140-73247.html
    Last edited by DTR; 04-14-2013 at 16:02.