Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Generating laser images

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    In LSX you can use math for almost everything. For example you could have a line, then have a MoveY event applied to that line with an expression like 'sin(idx*2*pi+phase)' which would move each point of the line up or down a distance of the sine of the index of that point (index = idx is always a number between 0 and 1 in this software). It works in real time as well, you could for example multiply the sine wave to change its amplitude with a real time input like mouse position, a MIDI control parameter, intensity of music being played, OSC, DMX, sliders, etc. A change in any of these parameters have an immediate effect on the sine wave.
    Just a basic example. You can use these kind of expressions for changing the X/Y/Z coordinate of a point, intensity, RGB values, rotation over X/Y/Z axis, etc.

We're writing a manual for LSX: http://furikuri.kirril.com/Private/l...vingManual.pdf, but it's far from finished, and the section about expressions isn't completed yet. But there's a help button in the software with a list of all expressions and what they do, so once you know how to use expressions you can figure them out yourself pretty easily.

Lasercam would work, but unfortunately it's not included in LSX...
    Thanks colouredmirrorball. LSX sounds pretty awesome! Sounds like we need that plus LaserCam together.

Which DAC would you recommend to use with LSX and LaserCam?
    I have access to a Chinese 6W RGB laser projector that scans at 30k which would be my initial testing machine. (sorry I don't know the proper spces but can find out if it matters)

Many thanks.
    Harry.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

A Riya appears to be the standard DAC, but LSX works with a whole bunch of DAC's. I've heard a lot of good things about the Etherdream, but I can't judge it on my personal experience. The obvious benefit of the Etherdream is that it works over ethernet, so you're not limited by cable length. You could even use wifi if you're brave.