Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The history of Laser show controllers and software, post your contributions here.

How about "Boxlaser ". Nice little interface and program. I used to use "Anarchy" to create ILDA files and import them in to the program. Only good for single colour laser projectors, but had a great 2 axis frequency generator to make some amazing geometric patterns, sine waves etc. Very tweak able too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    For the youngsters who have been fortunate enough to never have bought a product that became unavailable or where the company went out of business, good for you, and you can have and express the opinions you're expressing. But mark my words, the bell tolls for you! Check back with me when you're 50 years old and then we'll see if you still agree with the words you've written here!
    So you assume anyone who disagrees with you is younger (= less experienced)?
    And in your previous post you basically pat yourself in the back.
    Narcissism much?

Quote Originally Posted by Yol8r View Post
    So you assume anyone who disagrees with you is younger (= less experienced)?
    And in your previous post you basically pat yourself in the back.
    Narcissism much?
    EVERYONE: ***** This is going to be an off-topic post since this guy responded to me directly. Please feel free to skip over this *********

Hehe. Yol8r, as of this one, you've made a total of 5 posts here on PL. I've made a more than 1600 here on PL, plus thousands in Laser Freak, some in Laser Pointer Forums, and oh yea, 30 years in the business, 30 patents, and a 340-page #1 best-selling book on laser scanners (and four other best-sellers as well). Anybody who is being intellectually honest with themselves would have to agree that I've got more experience.

I've also got plenty of experience working with people of a huge variety of ages. On our very team here at Pangolin we have people ranging from 18 to 72! So yes, I also believe that I've gained the ability to guess the age of people, based on how they express themselves.

As for Narcissism, everybody here is free to call it like they see it. But I've dedicated my life to this business, and donated more than $250,000 to PL and the various members of PL.

Every human being has flaws, including America's founding fathers, and yes me too. If we met in person you'd discover that I openly discuss and own up to my flaws. Narcissism being one of them? That's for each person to decide for themselves.

By the way, one of the things I really dislike about forums is that people can "hide behind" login identities. Here everybody knows that my name is William Benner and my company is Pangolin. I don't hide these facts. As for yourself???

When I was much younger, and started posting in a new forum, and expressed myself in the way Yol8r has (with disrespect instead of honor for long-time members), I've rightly received harsh criticism. In my experience you won't make many friends here on PL with the kind of post you've made above...

Bill

( There's been something missing from this discussion all along, and that's what I am trying to point out. Andy made an initial post about products -- ultimately leading to a thread about history. But everyone here should be thinking about the PEOPLE, not the products. Ultimately it is PEOPLE who are caught in the middle, when a company goes belly-up, and a product is no longer available. )

Actually Bill, the thread historically was always about "The history of Laser show controllers and software."

It has become interesting to see people actually posting historic laser show controllers which are going back a very long time, and nice to even see new ones like LaserDock https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/l...ne-music-edm#/. which seams to be a great little product for home users. Who knows: one day they may become addicted and turn professsional.

Quote Originally Posted by mazfg View Post
    How about "Boxlaser ". Nice little interface and program. I used to use "Anarchy" to create ILDA files and import them in to the program. Only good for single colour laser projectors, but had a great 2 axis frequency generator to make some amazing geometric patterns, sine waves etc. Very tweak able too.
    That rings bells.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    EVERYONE: ***** This is going to be an off-topic post since this guy responded to me directly. Please feel free to skip over this *********
    Same.

Hehe. Yol8r, as of this one, you've made a total of 5 posts here on PL. I've made a more than 1600 here on PL, plus thousands in Laser Freak, some in Laser Pointer Forums, and oh yea, 30 years in the business, 30 patents, and a 340-page #1 best-selling book on laser scanners (and four other best-sellers as well). Anybody who is being intellectually honest with themselves would have to agree that I've got more experience.
    To me this proves my point.

I've also got plenty of experience working with people of a huge variety of ages. On our very team here at Pangolin we have people ranging from 18 to 72! So yes, I also believe that I've gained the ability to guess the age of people, based on how they express themselves.
    You guessed one wrong already.

Every human being has flaws, including America's founding fathers, and yes me too.
    You're free to have flaws but it's no fun to the OP when his thread is hijacked. This is not the only thread you have done this in. He has already responded to you how he doesn't appreciate it and after that you decide to argue what his own thread is about instead of stopping. Will it ever get to you that people get tired of you patting yourself in the back in their own thread?

By the way, one of the things I really dislike about forums is that people can "hide behind" login identities. Here everybody knows that my name is William Benner and my company is Pangolin. I don't hide these facts. As for yourself???
    You chose to reveal your full identity, I chose not to. This has nothing to do with anything. I know you'd love everyone tor reveal their identities so they would be reluctant to criticize someone they do business with but internet gives people the power to be honest instead of "honoring".

When I was much younger, and started posting in a new forum, and expressed myself in the way Yol8r has (with disrespect instead of honor for long-time members)
    Here you go at it again, being new to photonlexicon.com does not mean being new to lasers and being young wouldn't automatically make you lose an argument, either. I wish I was young but you guessed wrong again.

In my experience you won't make many friends here on PL with the kind of post you've made above...
    Bill, when it comes to you I prefer to only do business with Pangolin as I have all along. As for others, many of the members here have their websites or online shops and that's where I know them from. That said, none of them are bragging in others topics so I have no reason to make such posts directed to them. I've been a member "in hundreds of forums" and from my experience I'm good. But thanks for doing an ad hominem on me, er, I mean for the advice.

andyf97, sorry for this.
    Last edited by Yol8r; 08-23-2016 at 21:09.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    It's like, you created some software for an Amiga and you are still around but how does that help those people who bought the Amiga software. Are they still using it? Do you still support them?
    yes.. in fact pangolin made it available for free including it's guide how to modify your amiga
    http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.Las...Download2.html

Yol8r It's no use persuing this as 1. It's unrelated to this thread and 2. Pangolin is very eager to share their knowledge and supporting this forum and it has shown many times.. I think they are the last people you should go after. Lobo, Lasergraph and some various other software companies don't even bother coming on this forum or answering questions, pitching in or any other form of contributing whatsoever... gee I wonder why ????

I will ask guido if he knows the date of LDS
    Last edited by masterpj; 08-23-2016 at 22:22.

Other software companies are like any other software company, you pay and you get what you payed for. Nobody owes anything to nobody. Users don't feel they have to avoid criticizing them because they were given free stuff or discounts. I much prefer it that way.
    And if you have a question, you ask them directly.

But I agree this is unrelated to the thread. If Pangolin won't post anything offtopic anymore then obviously neither will anyone feel the need to point that out.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Lobo, Lasergraph and some various other software companies don't even bother coming on this forum or answering questions, pitching in or any other form of contributing whatsoever... gee I wonder why ????
    LOBO has been consider the best "Laser show" producer on the planet and have been at the forefront of development of many technical advancements over the years, even zones for Laser projectors, scanners which feedback position info directly to the software, digital Laser diode drivers and I guess many more. You cannot compare Lobo to anyone except maybe Rolls Royce.
    http://www.lobo.de/index.php?id=home&L=1

Lasergraph DSP is a product of Laseranimation solinger, not a company. Also considered the best Laser projector controller on the Planet also used by the leading Laser show Producers on the Planet..
    http://laseranimation.com/en/products/lasergraph-dsp

I suspect these companies are not spamming forums or facebook because they do not need too.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    ... gee I wonder why ????