Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The history of Laser show controllers and software, post your contributions here.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i have one of the usb laserdocks.. it's real and it works. i'll take it to selem for people to check out.

here's a crappy cell phone snap of it in action in my living room.

Attachment 50474
    I also have one of them in my hands. It's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I also have one of them in my hands. It's pretty cool.

What was the price point you paid. They are selling on IGG for $99

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    What was the price point you paid. They are selling on IGG for $99
    Not really sure. I received it as a trade.

Think there should be a mention of the RedLine stuff Beamscan etc, no sure when they were made though

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Syrah,

You should be civil to Bill. Generally everybody in this industry, including the die hard ILDA Format holdouts, ends up with something Pangolin anyways...

Often it is because a large client insists upon it.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Steve, I can count the people I give a damn about on this forum on the fingers of one hand, and you're one of them. That doesn't mean I dislike the others, I just don't bother to remember who they are. You're real. But I want to point out that it hasn't been large clients that have advanced lasers as an art, (in fact there hasn't been much advancement that's crossed over in my opinion.) and in my opinion nor has much that involves "frames" advanced art. I like Bill, but that gif does totally represent the way Bill comes across in text Early in a thread - then it gets worse.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    Think there should be a mention of the RedLine stuff Beamscan etc, no sure when they were made though
    I bought my Redline laser projector and controller in 1997 or 1998. It was my first projector and its still working great today. The model I have was initially offered only as a 5mw 650nm(?), but I then paid an additional few hundred dollars to upgrade it to a ~20mW green. It was bright enough to light up people's bedrooms at 2AM from a mile or so away. Back before lasers were common, it must have been a shock to wake up to a green room. I wouldn't do it today, but it was good fun then.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    I bought my Redline laser projector and controller in 1997 or 1998. It was my first projector and its still working great today. The model I have was initially offered only as a 5mw 650nm(?), but I then paid an additional few hundred dollars to upgrade it to a ~20mW green. It was bright enough to light up people's bedrooms at 2AM from a mile or so away. Back before lasers were common, it must have been a shock to wake up to a green room. I wouldn't do it today, but it was good fun then.

-David

Can you post some photos of it.

I posted the following quite a while ago, but think it belongs here too. It's an ad from Billboard magazine in 1969 for Sonovision. "Sonovision was a company started by legendary laser pioneer and later holographer Lloyd Cross in Ann Arbor, Michigan. As soon as visible CW lasers became available to college students in the mid-'60s, you know the protohippies amongst them were trippin' out watchin' dancing beams in smoky labs late at night. It took a few years for lasers to get small enough to be put inside a portable projector, but even then it was the years of colored oil on overhead projectors with moire patterns and slides. Anyone having a flashback?

Cross formed Sonovision in '68 and in August of '69 exhibited his projector at a local meeting of the Optical Society of America. He also "set it up as pre-movie entertainment at an Ann Arbor cinema." ("Holographic Visions", Sean Johnston). Was this really the first laser light show projector? The first laser light shows?"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sonovision Ad big.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	800.7 KB 
ID:	50554

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    I posted the following quite a while ago, but think it belongs here too. It's an ad from Billboard magazine in 1969 for Sonovision. "Sonovision was a company started by legendary laser pioneer and later holographer Lloyd Cross in Ann Arbor, Michigan. As soon as visible CW lasers became available to college students in the mid-'60s, you know the protohippies amongst them were trippin' out watchin' dancing beams in smoky labs late at night. It took a few years for lasers to get small enough to be put inside a portable projector, but even then it was the years of colored oil on overhead projectors with moire patterns and slides. Anyone having a flashback?

Cross formed Sonovision in '68 and in August of '69 exhibited his projector at a local meeting of the Optical Society of America. He also "set it up as pre-movie entertainment at an Ann Arbor cinema." ("Holographic Visions", Sean Johnston). Was this really the first laser light show projector? The first laser light shows?"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sonovision Ad big.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	800.7 KB 
ID:	50554
    Cool info, thanks for sharing.