Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: The history of Laser show controllers and software, post your contributions here.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I bought some AOMs from him in the early 2000s and chatted back and fourth with him via e-mail several times. Really nice guy with a ton of old-school laser history under his belt!
    Gary is an awesome guy. Early 2000s, he rebuilt an Omni 150 PSU for me. I drove down to his place place in the San Diego area to pick it up. We got talking about lasers in general and he took me into one of his garages and showed me some of the laser gear he had acquired throughout the years. Now, when I say garage, I am talking about one of those buildings you see on American Pickers. This thing was loaded to the gills with glassblowing stuff, mills, lathes, PSU cabinets for large-frame ions, and just awesome junk that ranged from cars to x-ray machines. A month in there would not have been enough time!

As I was leaving, a female vocalist showed up to lay down some music for one of his upcoming albums. Like most mad geniuses, he was a bit off-kilter. Super nice guy and a lot of knowledge!
    Those who fail to grasp art are the ones who criticize it.

Are you still in contact with him?

Any chance you might be able to convince him to come to SELEM next year?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Are you still in contact with him?
    Sadly, no. I'm not sure how to contact him nowadays but his is still selling glasswares on ebay. Username: qazxcdew
    Those who fail to grasp art are the ones who criticize it.